lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spawns 07 PDS build

Ya that is the same as mine. Building the custom speed chip selector wasn't to bad and it was fun as well. Being able to swap from speed (Freedom) to the full function PDS in Steep Hill mode is just plain awesome. Ask them for the Speed chip and that is the best part to start the speed mode with. I am sure others have the kits for sale as well. I got the idea off EBay kits.

I was looking at a 20 inch tire for the stock rim tonight. Would that load the system to much, is my next post out there. I am in no rush to start lifting and all that right now. It runs great for what I want. I want to personalize it more in the body area. I can paint so it is going to be fun. Just trying to figure out exactly what I want in the color area besides the red body. I am thinking a graphite metallic stripe with something ghosted in it.

I gave the wife a wish list of small items for my birthday. So she will feel like she has a part in its looks. I see lots of Carbon fiber and chrome in its future. I guess that's the Hot Rodder in me.

I have a new custom side load Hauler being built to carry it and my car to the races. The mods will be slow on the cart. The trailer is gonna cost just over 4k.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I just got a couple items installed this weekend.
I put new headlights in and got a set of Keystone Classics covers.

I will get some good daylight shots.

Next will be paint but that will be in a couple weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00108-20110212-1209.jpg (26.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00109-20110212-1209.jpg (28.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00111-20110212-1209.jpg (24.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00116-20110213-1858.jpg (23.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00118-20110213-1859.jpg (24.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #13
4sure
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just picked up a similar cart and added my back seat. Was about an hour or two job because the directions were lousy as you stated. My dealer wanted a $100 for the install.
My question is how did you build this chip? Thing that I like about it is its an all in one chip and you can change quickly when you have the urge or need to do so.
4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I use the Red Speed chips to make it. It can be toggles or a rotary switch. If you can solder or crimp connect stuff you can make a multi-switch. Then have all 4 modes till the controller goes and you have to upgrade.

On a side note I have mocked up the lift for clearance sake. I used a 6" Spindle lift. I also added 20" tires so I wouldn't stress the controller much. I don't creep it so it shouldn't give me any issue. So far so good.
I have also added a push bar in front and lights, Stereo, and then a little diamond plate bling. I almost forget the best part is a full bumper on the back that now closes up all the gaps I had from adding the rear seat kit also a fender flare kit and 2" receiver hitch.

After the Holiday weekend I will be tearing it all apart to paint it. I will also be making some Speed/Hill switch kits that mount in the controller cover if anyone wants one let me know.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I would be interested in some sort of a write up on how you made the rotary switch to use all 4 modes. I guess i'm not understanding. You have the freedom chip installed, and have a switch put in there and you can run all 4 modes, all with the freedom chip installed? I would like some more info on this as I would like to do something similar. Right now, I run the freedom chip (around the neighborhood), and i have the steep hill chip for when I take this thing hunting. I've got a 6" lift and 23" tires and am starting to get worried about burning up the controller after reading all of these threads. Does it help if I run the steep hill chip in it at all times? I've also heard that the speed chip is ok as long as you are running at full throttle and not half. I don't know. I don't plan on upgrading controllers, so I want to know the best option for my set up. But I would also like to switch back and forth between the two modes without having to swap chips.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Added more stuff in the test fit stage.
Over Head Stereo, Sony Marine and Polk Marine Speakers (Red Hawk Kit) Sounds Awesome now to add the other 2 Speakers. Plays Ipod MP3/CD Am FM. Also added a Docking Station for my Sirius Satellite, and a cable to plug in my phone for Pandora if I want to do that.

Tinted Windshield

Diamond Plate Running Boards.

6" Rhox Spindle Lift.

Put a pair of 20x10x8 Kendas on the back to see how it rode Up in the air on those.

Fender Flares, Not sure I like the front ones. Looks like I will be filling in some more holes when I paint it.

Push Bar, and a Receiver Hitch in back.

Full Rear Bumper so it cuts down on the dust on the rear step.

Next Update should be when I tear it apart for the paint job. I got a carbon fiber dash overlay and I added a Curtis meter the other day. When its apart I will rewire everything to hide stuff and add the new switches for the lights and Accessories like horn and Under cart LED kit. Put a Accessory Battery on the driver side for now. It runs the system a good 14 hours. Only the motor draws off the pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20110712-00016.jpg (30.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110712-00018.jpg (20.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110712-00019.jpg (32.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110712-00021.jpg (29.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110712-00023.jpg (25.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Nice adds there Spawn What color are you going to paint it?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking Good! Any photos of that rear bumper??
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here it is installed. I haven't put the plugs in since its coming back off for the paint. No gaps and the dirt and dust is cut way back off the step.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20110713-00027.jpg (90.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110713-00026.jpg (80.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110713-00025.jpg (74.8 KB, 11 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO