lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 rejetting

Is it possible to buy bigger jet for a 82 g1 or would I have to drill it out. Trying to use a K&N air filter and not wanting it to run lean. Search came up with nothing but maybe I'm just not looking in the right spots.
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 rejetting

Or can anyone walk me thru drilling it out.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Be very careful, lean means new piston lol. I used a torch tip cleaner to enlarge mine and kept measuring the cleaners that fit. You can buy a cheap set of number drills from harbor freight that will work to drill them as the brass is soft to drill. If you have to you can solder the jet shut and start over. There are charts on the net that compare the drill sizes, metric, english. Some of the filters on the carbs don't flow that well, make sure its lean before you change it. You can find plenty of pages on plug reading on the net too if you are not familiar with jetting.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the response sho305. So if I put the new air filter on what are the signs I should look for to know if I have to re jet it or not?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to read the plug under load, that means floor it and turn it off quick, read plug. But make sure its not lean before you do that, though its a mild engine so it may not hurt it anyway. If its rich it will miss a lot and smoke if premix. If lean it might bog out when you hit it and/or surge but run smooth. You want to be just into the smooth running.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

thanks for your insite on this I will make sure to read up on reading the plugs and try to make this work. Thanks again
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You look at the insulator in the center not the electrode, you want a tan color. Light tan or white is lean dark/brown is rich. Better to error a little rich so a light brown is good, plus the oil tends to make it darker. Here are some photos to give you an idea. But then its likely you don't have to worry about a cart engine unless the plug is white
http://www.bcchapel.org/pages/0003/pg11.htm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha