lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default upgrading 07 ezgo

ok so heres another crazy (and some might say even stupid) question. i have a stock 36 volt 2007 ezgo, can i add a marine 12v battery to it to try and get more speed? what all will it hurt,and if so what do i need to buy to keep the motor the same? thanks guys i promise i'll stop asking these crazy questions.
07ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: upgrading 07 ezgo

You are just trying to prove, the only dumb question is the question not asked. Arentcha?

Yes 6/6v and one 12v battery does = 48v. But you are going to have problems with the 12v. It's charging and discharging likes and needs are very different from the GC batteries. Unless it is a 12v GC battery?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

what does gc mean? it is a deep cycle gel battery
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

sorry it just hit me what gc is, golf cart i'm a dumb@@#
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

so if i did go with this will it burn anything up? f/r switch controller????
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
smuponies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you just add a 12V battery, you will have problems. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to keep your batteries around for a long time, they should all be the same, otherwise your charge/discharge cycles will be different and the life of one or all will be shortened.

In addition, you need to make sure your controller and solenoid can handle 48V. If you do that, you might as well make sure your F&R switch and cables are upgraded, otherwise you won't see the full potential of the upgrades.

I just went through all of this and if you do it right, your cart will fly down the road!! ScottyB helped me all the way...begrudgingly, I'm sure. :-)
smuponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not begrudgingly at all SMU
You did a great job of putting everything together. SMUponies writes about his recent change from 36 to 48v:
Quote:
It took me about 10 minutes to put the new one in and the cart is screaming!! Hills that I was once crawling up (could literally walk next to the cart) I am hitting at 16 mph.

Thanks for all your patience. Glad to see guys like you are out here making this fun for everyone!
I am glad to hear it.... most guys can't seem to wipe the grin off of their faces when they realize what they have done for their cart....

now... We need to know if this 07 Ezgo has a shift lever or toggle switch?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

it has the shift lever
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A shift lever is a series cart. The series carts require a F&R upgrade. You can do the whole unit or just the switch cam. You will need to also upgrade the controller and solenoid and all 13 battery cables to be safe. Once you upgrade the controller to be able to pass more amperage to the motor you need to upgrade all of the amperage handling components. Failure to upgrade all of the components leaves a place of higher resistance which results in heat, heat will eventually destroy stuff. So a complete upgrade is needed.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

to do this, which i know is the right and best way, what kind of price am i looking at? i don't have a big budget and from what i've read you sell just about everything i am going to need
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO