lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #21
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: wondering if these are any good

ok guys, just got the batteries all hooked up and tookm the buggy for a ride.. runs real nice.. volt guage didnt drop below 34v and climbed hills pretty decent.. still slow but what do i expect for a 84 ezgo..

now i gota figure out the charging stuff.. i did some research and found that an ezgo charger charges @ 20 amps... what else can i use to charge the batteries up.. 550 for batteries, i cant buy a charger right now

any advise on charging these would be a great help
teamkillzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #22
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

You want/need a REAL 36v golf cart battery charger, or your $550 investment will be WASTED. Check the For Sale section on this forum for a used charger. Lots of guys upgrade their carts to 48v and sell off their old charges.
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

team, where are you located? i have a used 36v charger that worked fine last time i used it. went to 48v, so don''t need it anymore pm me if you are interested. what type of cart is it? this has a sb50 plug on it, but i think others can be adapted... you could charge them two at a time to get going.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkillzone View Post
ok guys, just got the batteries all hooked up and tookm the buggy for a ride.. runs real nice.. volt guage didnt drop below 34v and climbed hills pretty decent.. still slow but what do i expect for a 84 ezgo..

now i gota figure out the charging stuff.. i did some research and found that an ezgo charger charges @ 20 amps... what else can i use to charge the batteries up.. 550 for batteries, i cant buy a charger right now

any advise on charging these would be a great help
And if you just installed new batteries you SHOULD NOT be driving it around untill you charge the batteries up to 100% charge before you drive it, your new batteries are only about 75% charged when you get them, driving the cart before you charge the batteries, will shorten the life of your $550 batteries
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
dghii
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

One FYI about the Advanced auto Autocraft batteries...Advanced ALWAYS has coupon codes for $40 off of $100 making the batteries the least expensive I've seen locally. BTW, the battery weighs 62 lbs.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #26
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try Craigslist, whoever sells used fleet carts on there should have some used chargers also
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #27
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the info guys.. and i checked the voltage on the batteries after i installed them and it was 37.6 volts.. thats why i went aand started cruising it a lil bit.. i dont ride it much yet as hunting season hasnt started yet but im trying to get everything done before season starts
teamkillzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO