lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
chopperspares
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 carts saved from the shreader.

The boss decided to clean the warehouse and told me to scrap 2 of his broken carts. I bypassed the scrap yard and hauled them to the house.
The better of the 2 is an ez-go 775. Everything is there but the batteries. Took it to the dealer and got the info I needed to test the motor. He guessed it's a late 70's model. It's got the old style coils which I was told are bullet proof.
The second is a ez-go 875P. It's in a little rougher shape. No motor or batteries and it's missing the 5 lug rear wheel. It's got an ESC on it about the size of an old car amp. I was told by the dealer to part that one although it appears to be newer model.
Do I go with the advice of the dealer? Just wanted to get some input before I start throwing Ben Franklins at these things.

Thanks
chopperspares is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 2 carts saved from the shreader.

Need pictures to help you make a good choice plus we just like pictures.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 carts saved from the shreader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperspares View Post
The boss decided to clean the warehouse and told me to scrap 2 of his broken carts. I bypassed the scrap yard and hauled them to the house.
The better of the 2 is an ez-go 775. Everything is there but the batteries. Took it to the dealer and got the info I needed to test the motor. He guessed it's a late 70's model. It's got the old style coils which I was told are bullet proof.
The second is a ez-go 875P. It's in a little rougher shape. No motor or batteries and it's missing the 5 lug rear wheel. It's got an ESC on it about the size of an old car amp. I was told by the dealer to part that one although it appears to be newer model.
Do I go with the advice of the dealer? Just wanted to get some input before I start throwing Ben Franklins at these things.

Thanks
Welcome to bgw
You have an interesting quandary...
I completely disagree with your local dealer. Resistor board carts are not bulletproof, but in fact out dated toaster ovens on wheels looking for a opportunity to fail. The more modern cart is a solid state speed control unit... If the newer cart is so bad off, take the modern solid state speed control system and put it in the old cart... get some used batteries and away you go!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome to BGW..............yes keep at least one and salvage any parts from the other that you can use and than by all means have fun....................if you have the cash don,t worry about it in the end you may never get your money back out of it but you have a chance to build what you want to do what you want....................go for it.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
chopperspares
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input guys :)
I had my doubts about using the toaster oven and was leaning more to pulling the
ESC of the other cart and giving it a shot. He cautioned me on that saying that there was a possible voltage conflict. This is when the blowing smoke flag came up. I was expecting him to tell me pull the newer ESC and go from there. I'm going to go ahead and pull it and put the toaster on the shelf. The ESC on the other cart is a Curtis. I don't know the model number. It's been in the weather so I hope it still works.
The other cart is in pretty rough shape. No motor, missing a real wheel, and fell of the back of the trailer @ 45mph coming back from the sandblasters when he got them. The rear frame is bent and the cab is pretty dinged up. I've had a hell of a time locating a 5 lug wheel. Dealer wasn't much help either.
I don't mind restoring the good one. It's going to family for grocery runs. If the newer ESC works I may come out at around $400 for the bats and misc.
I was wondering if anyone has made the gasser conversion? I teach CNC design and have access to all the equipment to make the new rear end drive. I think it would be a fun fall project.
chopperspares is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO