lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #31
DBC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: old cart + impact= no power

rabbitreborn,

No intention of correcting you, Thank You for getting back to me this morning. I woke up wondering how I had gotten lost on this project. Using the right terms will be about all the help I can offer as you juggle information. Lead on, your wish is my command.

Answers:

1. Yes, "wiper board" is a better description.

2(a) No, nothing of a steel box.

2 (b) Yes, motor between battery packs, wires along side to resistors located behind the driver's side pack of battery's.

3. Yes, (Key on, cart in gear, pedal down)

37.7 volts to all 4 points of the F/R switch

37.7 volts to both sides of the solenoid

A1 and A2 are stamped into the motor housing and are located on front end of motor opposite each other a little off center of motor top. These wires are correctly labeled the same as the stamp marks.

The S1 (former F1 wire) is located top mid center of the motor.

*The remaining post has a wire going directly to the negative of battery pack. The wire is labeled F2. The post is located on top center and to the back of the motor toward the drive axle.
DBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #32
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok for future reference, here is the wiring diagram for your cart:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-wiring.html

now, that being said, based on what we know from your testing, I believe you need a new motor.

There is 1 final test you can do to make absolutely certain.

Remember to ALWAYS use 2 wrenches when working on the motor studs (I find a Tappet wrench works best on the bottom nut since it is skinnier).....

Remove the A1,A2,S1 (leave the S2 or in your case the wire labeled F2 attached) wires from the motor (tape them up and make sure you remember which goes where). Install a short battery cable between the A2 and the S1 post of the motor (make sure the connection is secure). now, going from the main pack negative (this will be the wire that you left connected to the motor)trace the power to the next battery in line (you are looking for 12 volts here), use a piece of #10 wire (I use one that has spring clamps on each end of it) attach to the positive 12 volts and then touch the wire to the A1 terminal on the motor. Does the motor spin? It won't be turning fast, we are simply looking for any motor rotation at all.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
DBC
Not Yet Wild

rabbitreborn,

The diagram chart is true to the layout as best I can tell. It is fuzzy but I have the general idea. Thanks

I will grind down a junk wrench for the bottom nut. It will go into the maintenance kit for this cart.

In the your instructions:
"Remove the A1,A2,S1 (leave the S2 or in your case the wire labeled F2 attached) wires from the motor (tape them up and make sure you remember which goes where)"

Does "tape them up" mean so they are together for power flow?

or

separately so as to not touch anything like preventing a short in the circuit?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #34
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

seperately.... you are not going to use these for the purpose of this test. we are just checking to see IF the motor will turn under direct power.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #35
DBC
Not Yet Wild

rabbitreborn,

No movement.

No spark.

The test was exactly as you indicated and about 8 inches of
6 gage cable between S1 and A2... clean and tight.

* of the two batteries one had 6.29v the other 6.25v

If I were you what would you consider for options/cost considering the fixing or replacement of motor.

If I open the motor up what would I be looking for besides a besides a new wife?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I no longer rebuild my motors, I send all mine off to PlumQuick, they are professionals that do it for a living and if anything should ever go wrong (knock on wood, nothing has yet in their rebuilds for me), I can simply return it to them to have it corrected again.

there are any number of things that CAN be wrong, but I would suspect a wire broken off one of the studs. Make sure that if you contact PQ about a rebuild, you let them know what tests we have done (you can refer them to this thread since they are members/sponsors here).
Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #38
DBC
Not Yet Wild

rabbitreborn,

I Thank You for your many courteous responses.

Your donation of time and knowledge has helped me learn new terms and a bit of skill with a volt meter. The repair project is not over as I will take a peek into the motor. What can I say... taking things apart is fun and besides I just have to know what has happened.

I will contribute to the B.G.W. forum with appreciation.

It is time to end this thread and again with my Thank You.

Post Note:
Despite the mechanical problem being great enough that this well used old cart may not survive, all is not lost. My ever quick thinking wife has asked if there is a way to have her pulling horse rigged up to draw pull a golf cart "buggy"!

Could be a spin off thread in the making.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #39
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Heck yeah.... I want Pics of the 3 wheeled E-Z-GO Sulkie........

Anytime you need help, just holler and we will be there to assist.

Tags
36 vdc, textron
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO