lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No Go Ezgo Help Please

Ok I just tore down and put back together my 1999 ezgo txt series cart. Took it for a test drive yesterday and dive fine for a while until I lifted my foot off the pedal. Then nothing. Solenoid was not engaging. Finally engaged and made it home. I'm thinking I have a loose connection so I started trying to test but I'm scratching my head wondering what would allow thes solenoid to stay engaged but not reengage after taking foot off pedal. Anyone have any ideas? Ignition switch possibly? Micro switch near ITS? Thank in advance for your help.
Glawrence@gt.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Go Ezgo Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glawrence@gt.rr.com View Post
Ok I just tore down and put back together my 1999 ezgo txt series cart. Took it for a test drive yesterday and dive fine for a while until I lifted my foot off the pedal. Then nothing. Solenoid was not engaging. Finally engaged and made it home. I'm thinking I have a loose connection so I started trying to test but I'm scratching my head wondering what would allow thes solenoid to stay engaged but not reengage after taking foot off pedal. Anyone have any ideas? Ignition switch possibly? Micro switch near ITS? Thank in advance for your help.

Could be either one really. I would look at the micro switch by the ITS first. That's probably where you will find your problem.

Good luck!
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks R8cer, I plan to do more checking when I get home from work. I just can't figure out why if there was an open circuit either with the micro or the ignition the cart wouldnt just stop while driving. What is holding in the solenoid?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glawrence@gt.rr.com View Post
1. I just can't figure out why if there was an open circuit either with the micro or the ignition the cart wouldnt just stop while driving.
2. What is holding in the solenoid?
1. The current path is through the NC (Normally Closed) contacts in the Pedal (MS-3) and F/R (MS-2) microswitches.
Therefore, it is the little-bitty, weak and susceptible to dirt/corrosion spring inside the microswitch that actually closes the contacts.
(Safety feature - Cart is inoperative in most likely failure mode )

2. Once the spring closes the contacts, they tend to stay closed, but they might not close the next time pedal is pushed or F/R control is put in F or R.

My guess is that it is MS-3 (Pedal microswitch), but it could be something else.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, thank you very much. I'm glad I found this forum. I learning a lot from them members here. Thanks and I will check it out when I get home.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Check the reed switch inside the charger plug. I had two fail, and in both instances, it was after working on my cart. It's a small glass magnetic switch, that disables the buggy if the charger plug is plugged in. I dissected one, and the glass reed switch, which is potted in a plastic sleeve, had broken. I'm guessing that moving things around, caused the broken glass to shift between the two small wires inside.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
anthonyradisson
Not Yet Wild

hi everyone
i have a similar problem on my 1999 ezgo each time i ease on the pedal while driving it just stop giving power , u have to wait a go bit so it could reaspond again . the battery are new and fully charge
anthonyradisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked the reed switch and the micro on the ITS. Both check ok. Only thing I can think is there is a problem with the ignition switch or a wire.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here's a schematic for a series cart with the solenoid activation circuit traced in Red from B+ to one side of solenoid coil and in green from other side of coil to B-

1. Starts at Positive Radsok in cart's charger receptacle.
2. Goes through Reed Switch.
3. Goes through MS-2 on F/R assemble.
4. Goes through Keyswitch.
5. Goes through MS-3 in Throttle box.
6. Goes through Solenoid coil
7. Finishes at B- terminal on controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, micro, series, solenoid, testing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO