lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
colochris
Not Yet Wild

Default Starter Bolt Broke Use other bolt question

Hello to all,

I am a new member, yet not new in terms of reviewing many other posts for some time to view posts and get help.

But... I have ran into an issue.

I bought an older 1986 Ez Go marathon Electric Golf Cart.

I noticed I had some bad wires and So I am replacing them. There is 3 wires that I can see that connect to the starter. One for reverse I think, one for forward, and then one to a battery.

The first wo switched out great, but the problem came with the battery to starter bolt. As I attempted to uncrew the nut, the whole bolt broke off.

So now I am lost on how to fix this?

I am not sure if each post or bolt makes the starter do certain things? or if I can put two together and free up a spot for the battery cable?

Or if I am up a river without a paddle.

I want to keep the cart running but worried I am really over my head.

Any and all help is appreciated

Chris
colochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Starter Bolt Broke Use other bolt question

Might help to post a picture of what you are talking about. When you said starter I was thinking it was a gasser.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
colochris
Not Yet Wild

Oh you know it might be the motor? It is the first thing after the batteries and it is big and round and is black. It has the three posts which one goes to reverse one to forward and one to the batteries.

I bet it is the motor. But I still have the same issue. Not sure if a new bolt or thread can be added or jb weld back on a threaded bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
Might help to post a picture of what you are talking about. When you said starter I was thinking it was a gasser.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
colochris
Not Yet Wild

Ok so with investigating, it is actually a motor stud I believe that broke off. One of the hex head but connected to a wire things. The one that broke though is the battery one. When I took the end of the motor off I noticed that the wire goes to somewhere in the front of the motor or at least somewhere where I cannot see it.

I search online and found some brush kits, but not this separate stud and wire which I am not sure where it goes or what its called.

I do have a question, if this is a tough thing for a diy to fix, would a starter or alternator shop usually fix them? and is there a way to refresh the motor? Like while its being worked on make it run like new again?

Thank you so much. Everyone here is great.

Chris
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO