lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
derby
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Carryall 294 4x4

Well I spent a little time with the Carryall and found some other issues. The front driver side caliper is missing and it looks like soldier B cut the brake line. Is the line a replacable item or do you have to replace the whole line set to the master cylinder? It has a small tee but has a funny looking connector.
Also, is the caliper a 294 Carryall specific or are all front disc calipers the same?

On the bright side I de-milled the wiring harness and all functions work properly. Found it only has 356hrs on it and purrs like a kitten. I do need a high temp light, anybody know where to get one other than dealer? ( I checked all the big box auto stores and RS)

I will get some pix soon now that it is presentable.
derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by derby View Post
Well I spent a little time with the Carryall and found some other issues. The front driver side caliper is missing and it looks like soldier B cut the brake line. Is the line a replacable item or do you have to replace the whole line set to the master cylinder? It has a small tee but has a funny looking connector.
Also, is the caliper a 294 Carryall specific or are all front disc calipers the same?

On the bright side I de-milled the wiring harness and all functions work properly. Found it only has 356hrs on it and purrs like a kitten. I do need a high temp light, anybody know where to get one other than dealer? ( I checked all the big box auto stores and RS)

I will get some pix soon now that it is presentable.
If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure you have to replace the entire brake line assembly. I know for a fact those calipers are specific to that vehicle. All other Club Cars use mechanical brakes except for the 272, which uses drums. As for the temp light, I don't know where else you could get one other than a dealer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
derby
Not Yet Wild

Dave, does your Dealership give special pricing for Buggies Gone Wild members?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No. The dealer I work for is not affiliated with bgw in any way. It's just me
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

if you get in tight with your local dealer, they MAY cut you a bit of a brake after a while. if you are nice they might even share a bit of technical advise with you. I used to have one near me that did that. sadly they closed. :(
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
derby
Not Yet Wild

The Dealer I spoke with did mention that they may be able to make some adjustments. I guess I will see what kind of deal they have.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
derby
Not Yet Wild

First batch of parts on order from dealer. I found some other on line store with some parts, but not all, and some parts were higher. I think I will stick with the dealer. Thery have been very pleasant and helpful.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

athough some(well ok, a lot) might disagree, a dealer can be like gold. I learned a lot from the dealer i used to deal with. i ordered a lot of parts from them. they had a good selection of stuff for regular carts (mostly ds carts i dealt with) in stock. they answered probably too many technical questions for me for free after a while. but they were nice people i really liked chatting with. i usually went in on saturdays when we were at the campground and closer to them.

granted sometimes i did pay a bit more for the parts, but they had them right now. and i could never put a price on what i learned.

and there were somtimes i paid less than the aftermarket for stock items!!

hope you get your cart fixed and back to like new condition.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #19
derby
Not Yet Wild

OK, she is up and mobile. Now I need to find the right rims for it. The current rims and tires are foam filled.
Can anyone explain how to measure the back spacing. I know my stock rims are centerd in the rim but I can't seem to locate a rim that has the same measurement. The all are 3x4,2x5 or what ever. Is the first number the back measurement or front. And what will work on my machine?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

I think of the backspacing numbers as in/out, meaning a 3x4 backspacking rim will have 3 inches of the rim inside (vehicle side) of the bolting surface and 4 inches outside of the bolting surface.

That means that if you want a tire sunk way back into the wheel well you need a high first number. For instance if you had a 7 inch rim with a 6x1 backspacing you would have 6 inches of the rim (measured from the bolting surface) "in" meaning it would be tucked back under the body. If you wanted a rim that stuck way out of the body you would want a large second number, like a 2x5 backspacing for instance. That setup would have 5 inches of rim sticking out from the bolting surface and only two inches of rim on the inboard side of the mounting surface.

Measurements are taken from the bolting surface to the lip of the rim.

Hopefully that's clear and not confusing........
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car