lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
hittman290
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Unhappy early2000DS,FE290, Fuel Pump? Carb?

Slight amount of fuel in lower gas fiter none in top, plug was dry till I cleaned fuel pump. Cleaned the Fuel Pump, blew thru all lines. Got some gunk out, but sure looks like the filter lines should have more GAS IN THEM, top i see none, bottom a tiny bit. .I CLEANED LITTLE HOLE IN SCREEN ON front of pUMP which was clogged, and UNDER THE LITTLE ROUND GASKETS INSIDE. see some wear inside on black coating? It will now try to start and run a little after i cleaned it, but only goes a couple feet and quits. There is gas in the oil and the weird thing is when it trys to start the choke botton gets sucked in... i was hoping this might be a tell tale sign. Oil light wll come on I'm guessing that from extra gas in oil which smells significantly. Originally it stopped all of a sudden after running fine...cleaned up all the lines but did not replace yet. Does this sound like carb or pump i guess is the queston. I have had 23 surgeries and am waiting on two more major back surgeries if not three... so limited funds and time being able to walk and bend over it. Took jet out(think its a jet) and cleaned 4 holes and bottom hole, this is one with spring, set at 1 and 1/2 turns the other screw next to it was all the way in... cleaned and replaced back as was. Should I pull the carb, or invest in pump.Will pump go all of a sudden? i know there's probABLY no firm answers. Any help appreciated greatly. Really need this cart to get around when I can. Thanx Hittman
hittman290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
here's the symptoms-
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car