lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool 23 x 10.5 x 12 tires fit on a 5" lift kit?

I ordered 22 x 11 x 12 tires and was delivered 23" tires. I really want my GC on the road, am I going to have spacing issues? They appear to be an All Terrain Tire as well. If I have to order spacers to get them to work, any ideas on what size I will need? I can't believe they shipped me the wrong size tires!
goofy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 23 x 10.5 x 12 tires fit on a 5" lift kit?

unfortunately, they're likely going to have to go back - 22X11 is about as big as you'll get under a 5" lift, and even then I had to go with larger spacers (2" front, 2.5" rear) to *completely* address the clearance issues under stress, etc
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put 22x12-8's on my 85' cart with a 5" lift. They rubbed on a full left lock turn. Figured the front leafs were weak after 27 years. Took the leafs to a local spring shop and had them make me up a new set of HD leafs 1" longer than stock. $65 later, perfect, no rubbing at all. Now looking at the cart I'm sure 23's would easily fit without rubbing. Oh...forgot...got 3" offset rims and 2.5" wheel spacers. I don't think this makes much difference with rubbing but it does make it more stable.

Lol, now the front sits a little higher than the rear, looks like 2" higher. most likely the rear coils are weak as they measure 8 1/2" under load, they should be 10". Going to order a new set of 325lb 14" coils and cut the spacer block to level the cart.

What I'm saying is 23's should fit without rubbing if everything is to spec but after a lot of years of use that probably isn't the case. If it was me I'd keep the 23's and tweak the suspension.
Plato_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
cbrisson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I run a allsports "high" 5 lift kit. I run 25 inch tires and have no problems such as scrubbing. the lift will hold up to 27 inch tires.
cbrisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put on the tires and they seem to fit OK. Finding it turns hard to the left (not related to the tires) so you've given me some great ideas here! I'll be getting it painted Toxic Orange here really soon and Grim Reaper w/flames and it will be a show cart!! Getting exited for my campground friends to see this cart, they have no idea it's being built-- Go big or go home I say!! Thanks everyone- appreciate the help/ideas!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

CBRISSON: Thanks for posting the lift you use, I think I may get the same. My cart is an 82 gasser. The kit i found on their website says that it is for electric, does that really make a difference?
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a gas 1992 E-Z go....I just put on a couple of photos "in the works"...the lift kit is just fabulous!!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Ben Langston
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrisson View Post
I run a allsports "high" 5 lift kit. I run 25 inch tires and have no problems such as scrubbing. the lift will hold up to 27 inch tires.
I have a 07 Yamaha with a 6 inch lift can I run a 27 inch tall tire
Ben Langston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO