lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
jay_in_cgohio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Air intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdleg1981 View Post
may not be enough fuel getting to the engine. just a restriction. id clean that carb really well, i usually use wd 40 or a penetrant. i dont like the residue left behind alot of those carb cleaner sprays leave.
I agree. When you cut off the air source it runs. This leads me to believe it is not getting enough fuel.
jay_in_cgohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
pip1
Not Yet Wild

I know this thread is a little old but i have the same cart with the same problem. I have cleaned carb at least 3 times and it does the same thing. was checking to see if you have solved your problem and if so how, its driving me crazy!!!!! i even thought it may be the float needed to be adjusted or something. any advice would be wonderful thanks in advance.
pip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

I honestly have not worked on it since I posted. At some point I plan on cleaning the carburetor and seeing if it fixes it. The way it went down I am not so confident it will be the fix, but we'll see. If not I will be back for more advice.
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
pip1
Not Yet Wild

I will continue to scratch my head on this one to see if i can get it right. thanks for the reply. if any one else out there has had this problem please let me know how ya solved. thanks
pip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Only use Carb Cleaner,Anything else is a waste of time,WD-40,penetrating-oil,etc..are ok to get things losened up(shafts,linkages,etc..),but they won't disolve varnished-fuel.Even Brake-Clean doesn't touch some of the gunk from old-fuel.Another trick is to get a set of torch-tip cleaners and run them thru all passages,jets,etc..to make sure they are clear.Careful with chemicals on the gaskets,especially the bowl-gasket.Then blow everything out with compressed-air.Cleanliness is key.I've seen the needle stuck in the seat before,partially open so that it let a small amount of fuel in,but not enough.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Well I just did it. It has been setting for months. The carb was definitely dirty. After I cleaned the jets I could see light through them. Here is the deal. If I hook up the vacuum lines up backwards, meaning the line from the bottom of the engine to the carburetor breather vent it will run for a while. Also the air/gas ratio value doesn't seem to matter how it is adjusted. Runs about the same no matter what, except if it is in all the way, then it will run if I completely close the breather vent. Hope this makes sense.
Any thoughts? You guys have been a big help in the past. Thanks in advance.
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car