lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
iam4ecu
Not Yet Wild

Default amp instalation gas club car

Newbie trying to install Sony Xpod amp and sub woofer. All info i find says tie the rem to head unit. I wiil be using ipod as music source so no blue wire to connect to. What can i connect rem wire to make amp come on?
iam4ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: amp instalation gas club car

Just put a switch in, Connect it to Battery - Switch - Amp...
Kb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
iam4ecu
Not Yet Wild

That just seems to easy but will try
Old 11-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
iam4ecu
Not Yet Wild

Just to be sure you mean connect it to the positive side
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

What Kb11 is talking about is to put in a separate switch to turn the amp on and off,
for the blue remote wire... you could tie it in to your key switch,
so the amp turns on and off when you turn the key on and off!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam4ecu View Post
Just to be sure you mean connect it to the positive side
Yes tie in to the positive post.. U can use any hot wire. That is how I am running my set up also did it in my truck.
Kb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Be careful! If it is a gas cart, you can use the keyswitch which only has 12v running from the battery. If it is electric, the keyswitch is 36-48v, depending on what you are running and you will need to run a separate switch to trigger your amp to turn on from your accessory battery, 12v converter, or the batteries tied together to run accessories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

To clarify, amplifiers have a 12v trigger, usually connected to a car's ignition to tell it when to turn on or off. When the car is on, the trigger registers 12-14v to tell the amp to turn on and then it will draw its pore from the main 12v connection.

In a gas golf cart, the ignition switch also has 12v running though it, so it would be ideal to tie your trigger wire into it. If you tied your trigger wire into the keyswitch of an electric cart, the 36-48v going to the trigger input on your amp will fry it, and render it useless.

If it is gas, connect it to the power coming from the keyswitch. If it is electric, it needs to be connected to whatever is powering your accessories like lights, radio and such. The accessory power comes from either a pair of 6v batteries in your main power pack, a 36 or 48 to 12v converter, or a separate 12v battery. You will need to install a switch between whatever is supplying the accessory voltage to the trigger input of the amp.

Also, using an iPhone for the audio source, I can recommend a few apps:

XLR8 uses the phones accelerometers in the phone to generate an incredible V8 sound. Hook it up to you stereo as you drive around and have fun, but it only works if the phone is mounted securely. It's a free app.

Audiogalaxy takes some time to set up, but is totally worth it. As long as you have access to 3G or wireless and your home computer is on, you can access every song and every playlist on your home computer from wherever you are in perfect fidelity.

Tunes remote lets you set up one iPhone or iPad with another iPhone or iPad so that one can be the remote and the other can be your music. Control pause, play, next, previous, and volume from one and play from another.

My favorite- the ijet nav system can be bought on eBay for about $40, but it comes with a steering wheel mountable and removable Bluetooth remote that lets you control your music from your steering wheel or detach the remote and control it from up to 150'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
iam4ecu
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for allyour help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car