lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Storagecart
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerwise II not charging

Our Powerwise II charger stopped humming. I tried following the troubleshooting seq. in the 28646 manual. The cord is good. The relay was clicking at first until I tried bypassing the relay to test the transformer. Possible mistake: The white wire going to the relay from the transformer had a blue sheath at the relay end which I cut off as to make contact with the test lead. The transformer didn't hum, but now the relay isn't clicking. If the relay is no longer clicking should I assume the control board is bad? Or being that the relay was clicking at first, assume that the transformer is bad?
Storagecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise II not charging

Interesting...I just came on here to see what has been said. Mine is showing the same symptoms. The fan won't come on, nor is it humming. I haven't dug into any troubleshooting as it is getting power (light comes on).
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storagecart View Post
Our Powerwise II charger stopped humming. I tried following the troubleshooting seq. in the 28646 manual. The cord is good. The relay was clicking at first until I tried bypassing the relay to test the transformer. Possible mistake: The white wire going to the relay from the transformer had a blue sheath at the relay end which I cut off as to make contact with the test lead. The transformer didn't hum, but now the relay isn't clicking. If the relay is no longer clicking should I assume the control board is bad? Or being that the relay was clicking at first, assume that the transformer is bad?
If the relay was clicking, the control board WAS good.
If the relay clicked and the transformer did not hum, the relay contacts could have been bad, or the transformer primary bad, or the AC wires bad. or the wall outlet bad.

Attached if a service manual for the Lester equivalent of the PW II. Basically the same except for the case color and name on it.

The troubleshoot steps in it are pretty good.

The chances of it being a bad transformer are very slight, but they do go bad occasionally.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lester-19300 - Charger - Service Manual 35827_A1.pdf (1.59 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernellj954 View Post
Interesting...I just came on here to see what has been said. Mine is showing the same symptoms. The fan won't come on, nor is it humming. I haven't dug into any troubleshooting as it is getting power (light comes on).
If it has a fan and a light, it is not a Powerwise II.
Suggest you identify what charger you have and start another thread to troubleshoot it.
A picture of the faceplate will suffice it you cannot find the name/model.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I realized the topic was for a Powerwise after I posted and didn't get a chance to post the correction. Mine is an LVS, with same symptons. My apologies.
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernellj954 View Post
Yes, I realized the topic was for a Powerwise after I posted and didn't get a chance to post the correction. Mine is an LVS, with same symptons. My apologies.
My guess is that it is a LV3625, but I have no information on it and internet searches didn't come up with anything other than places that sold them. Sorry.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO