lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: best way to cut 2G cable

Doing your own also allows you to place the lug in any orientation you need.

What I mean is most of the time if you lay a piece of cable down from the pre-made cables the lugs are both facing up. This does not always work out in custom applications where controllers, solenoids, etc. are mounted out of the norm. Making you own can have a lug facing up on one end of the cable and facing down (or any arrangement that works) on the opposite end preventing the contortionist move of twisting as you are trying to mount the lug to the terminal.

Marathon Man: What brand are those crimpers from Amazon?
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
No offense but I cannot stand that smasher crimping tool.
None taken. For as often as I make a cable, a few whacks with the hammer and they hold very well. It's not like you have to "cave man" nail 'em. Just give it a good solid smack.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #23
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what brand they are I tried searching for them on the web and cannot find them. I'd just look at them but there at work.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No rush but curious, thanks.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #25
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I went the the closest welding supply house. The did not know what I was talking about, when I asked for welding cable solder plugs.

I showed them the video, there was seven people standing around the monitor at 8:30 this morning. They all thought they were one of the coolest things they had ever seen, the however was- they haven got time on a job to do this, they just take a hammer and smash the lugs.

They all agreed that this was a fantastic aplication for carts aand for custom cables- I think every one wrote down the link

thanks guys, not only did you help me, I really believe you helped a tone of people in the region

thanks
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

csport go to a auto parts store you can get the lugs and flux core solder just put the terminal end of lug in a vise to hold it use a torch to heat lug then melt solder 3/4 full on lug, stick cable in lug while heating lug let cool then shrink wrap
88 ez go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think building your own is part of the fun.
so far, I built a 55 chevy with the same engine set up that your found in a 53 vette, 64 chevelle malibue ss that ran 13.54 in the 1/4 mile, 69 camaro z28 I built for a road track, 1980 ford f100,
I tye my own flies, load my own shotgun shells ab out to learn how to load my own rifle cartridges and grow my own food plots for wildlife.

working on my own cart just seems natural- except until I found this place , good information was very hard to find

I like the understanding of experienced cart folks, it seems they know what its like to be a newby
thanks again
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csport View Post
I think building your own is part of the fun.
so far, I built a 55 chevy with the same engine set up that your found in a 53 vette, 64 chevelle malibue ss that ran 13.54 in the 1/4 mile, 69 camaro z28 I built for a road track, 1980 ford f100,
I tye my own flies, load my own shotgun shells ab out to learn how to load my own rifle cartridges and grow my own food plots for wildlife.

working on my own cart just seems natural- except until I found this place , good information was very hard to find

I like the understanding of experienced cart folks, it seems they know what its like to be a newby
thanks again
" Blue Flame Six "! They were Cool engines!

The way things are going now, We're all going to have to reload if we want to shoot! I'll be glad when the " obuma " regime is over!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

A great source for all types of hardware, and where I frequently get cable and lugs is McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Adhesive lined is the best shrink tubing and the best way to install it is with a heat gun, not a torch. Your wife's blow dryer will work in a pinch.

And if the best deal on wire is not the color you want, buy it anyway and use color coded heat shrink tubing.
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

tHE BLUE FLAME 6 had three side draft 2 barrels with the corvette cam- lol
with an aluminum flywheel and 373 gears in the rear end, and a three speed
I could go fast, faster than some small v8's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO