lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here ya go. Took it out this weekend...

Sent via TapaTalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
Could you just remove the tailgate itself and still have the rear tires in the bed?
Not if you have a short bed

Sent via TapaTalk
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: weight

Don't even consider double towing. Delaware, that's a no-no. Maryland you'd be ok, if, you were using a fifth wheel camper.
When do you need it and where are you going? I have a 5X8 trailer I may let you use. You'll still need ramps as your cart, (with the back seat) won't fit with the tail gate on.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Don't even consider double towing. Delaware, that's a no-no. Maryland you'd be ok, if, you were using a fifth wheel camper.
When do you need it and where are you going? I have a 5X8 trailer I may let you use. You'll still need ramps as your cart, (with the back seat) won't fit with the tail gate on.
How do the wheelwells effect you putting her in the back?

I have used the fold a way ramps (like I posted in a previous post for my 4 wheeler and mower) (and that was tricky) , not for the golf cart, But like chloe, I think using a trailer beats it all, safety and peace of mind. My trailer is a 5x10 with a gate.
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #25
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
How do the wheelwells effect you putting her in the back?
No problem at all, just squeezes right between the wheel wells. It touches them, but its nowhere close to having to go over them (I measured before buying the tailgate supports).

Yeah, I have a trailer too and it has its purpose, but if I don't have to use it I'd rather not. I prefer toting the cart around this way. ...I do wish I could load the cart in backwards though (stupid cargo box!), so the front end (the better looking end) can face outwards LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Yeah, I jsut read up on the laws and Delaware says no but maryland is ok with it as long as its a fifth wheel. Thanks, I actually have a little 6x10 trailer that we may use with a nother vehicle just this time till I figure out and get all the stuff I need. Im thinking the gate supports will be a good choice.
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
Not if you have a short bed

Sent via TapaTalk
What size is your bed? Looks like a 5 3/4. I think mines 6.5, still may be too short and now im wondering how the camper will be when hooked up. The rear seat doesnt leave much room back there.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
What size is your bed? Looks like a 5 3/4. I think mines 6.5, still may be too short and now im wondering how the camper will be when hooked up. The rear seat doesnt leave much room back there.
My box length is 67", yours migt be different depending on if you have a plastic bed liner or spray on, blah blah. Just measure your stuff - If it fits get the supports, if not sounds like you'll need to take two vehicles and trailer it.

You could do a couple things if it fits but the cart's rear seat sticks too far out. You could hinge the rear floor on the cart so you could fold it up. Another option is to take the camper to a trailer shop or good welder and have them create you a new A frame that is longer. We have several shops around here that do it all the time. Yes, it's safe - they beef it up pretty good. Good luck, come back and show us what you end up doing.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
My box length is 67", yours migt be different depending on if you have a plastic bed liner or spray on, blah blah. .
Thanks , I measured mine and its about 79inches from the front of the bed liner to the tailgate.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO