lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Heavy duty spring install questions on 97 CC/DS

Air tools will be what I use start with, but Mr. Sawz-all is no stranger to me
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #12
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonduranth View Post
No change if you use 3 springs. Buy 2" SHOCK EXTENDERS. They are fine thread, so the connectors you see in the hardware shop will not work. I buy them from NAPA. Autozone and Advance do not have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
Sawz-all (best friend on the tear down) for the shocks and also two bolts on the springs!! New bolts from ace for the springs since mine were awful.

Fun with the bolts on the front springs. WOW knuckle busters for sure.. They were bad..Good luck
I can confirm both of these. Got the new springs on over the weekend I removed the last spring in the pack, the over load spring. I used the sawz-all once on the front drivers side spring hanger Shock extenders/new shocks are needed
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

CRK I posted a question on a "front springs" thread and after searching I saw where u had installed your springs and used an extension on your shocks. How many inches did you have to extend?
I am 4" taller after new HD spring install on the front end. This is with no weight on the buggy. I was wondering should I get the tires and batts all back on before I measure for new shocks? Seems logical to do that, cause I just cant imagine my old springs were that shot and were 4" lower.
Thanks for the input
M
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Springlake,

Yes but it back together then measure how much over stock height it sits on level ground. Then add that number to your stock shocks plus an inch.

Or the best way to do it is put the front end together and cycle the suspension.Measure the distance compressed from the bottom shock mount to the top mount. That distance is you compressed measurement. Then do the same with the suspension extended. That distance is you extended measurement.

As you cycle the suspension with the wheels turned from lock to lock, watch for interference with other components ball joints, tie rod ect. If the suspension cycles smoothly and nothing binds or catches your good to go.

If there is interference then you have to look at bump stops and limiting straps. You dont want the shock to be what stops the suspension from full travel. If it is you will damage the shock.

To answer your first question about the shock extenders... 3 inches. They make both 3 and 5 inch extenders. Bought mine on eBay. Mr. Gasket was the brand name and fine threaded fit my stock shocks.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Great answer CRK. Ill let you know how it goes. I looked for Auto shocks today . No luck. SO I ordered my OEM EZGO. See next week how it plays out.
Thanks again for a very helpful thread
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car