lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: problems

. . . solve one problem at a time . . . charge batteries with bypass until pack voltage is abour 40v, then remove the bypass from charger and let the charger run normally until it shuts itself off (which can take up to 16 hours) . . . then test cart again knowing pack is at full charge . . .

. . . check state of charge table below . . . note what your pack voltage should be when fully charged and rested after charge cycle . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #12
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Reverse is only half speed so yea itspossible with half the juice of what you were gettingin forward that it would not be enough to move the cart.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #13
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will check this stuff out. Thank you guys for all of your help!
2004hdfxsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Where do I check to get the 40v. am i trying to get each pack add up to 40v to get it to turn on?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti View Post
Where do I check to get the 40v. am i trying to get each pack add up to 40v to get it to turn on?
. . . the "PACK" is the combined voltage of all batteries, measuring from first battery's negative terminal to last battery's positive terminal . . . use a volt meter set to DC current at a range that is greater than 60v DC . . .
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

and once it gets over 40V, the charger should be able to work on its own? how long does this normally take, is it safe to leave it unattended for a bit of time?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti View Post
and once it gets over 40V, the charger should be able to work on its own? how long does this normally take, is it safe to leave it unattended for a bit of time?
. . . once it reaches 40v, disconnect charger from cart . . . remove the jumper wire in charger . . . reconnect the two wires on the relay in the charger (that were previously jumpered) . . reconnect charger to cart and it should start up on it's own to run the charge cycle . . . DO NOT leave cart unattended while charging cart with charger jumpered out because with the OBC bypassed, the charger will not know when to shut off . . . it should not take very long to bring pack up to the 40v range . . .
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will try this!! Will report back!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried the charger trick with the jumper wire and the charger turned on. I let it sit for about a half hour and then put it back to normal on the charger still would not turn on. I tried to check the voltage to the whole pack but I didn't understand what you guys meant by you first positive in last n**** device for so I don't understand which one that is. also there is a red wire coming off of the bottom of my battery charger outlet that appears to go to a negative I'm a bit confused by this as I hooked up to a positive in a blue breaker in my house. is that hooked up correctly. how long should it take to charge for cats up to a stable time to be able to charge on its own I only had a half hour but I'm wondering if it took you a short time or hours
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #20
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check pack voltage at the 2 points marked "disconnect here" in the diagram. You can also check each battery voltage and add together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96 cc ds.jpg (39.2 KB, 0 views)
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car