lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Pain in the rear

1997 ezgo ran good when you pull the choke out a little , Took the carb. off again & cleaned it All again , had trash in the bowl again , I put an inline filter in it because there was not one there .
It fired up & ran like a top , Shut it down for a few , came back out to fire it up & that fool won't run .
Do I have a bad fuel Pump or What, I need help on this one Guy's.
rugerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pain in the rear

Just after posting this I stepped out of the Shop & tried again & it fired up like a Champ , Something has got to be Wrong.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

put new fuel lines on it, I had alot of chunks from my fuel lines..... the fuel we buy these days is really hard on fuel lines. Just my .02
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
dan161
Getting Wild

If it does it again, check for spark. Maybe something is weak or not contacting good and ur losing spark or something. Just a thought.
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Did you flush out the tank?The fuel now causes a sludge in the fuel.Flush the tank,replace the lines(I use vinyl like sleds use)new filters,and disassemble and clean the fuel-pump.This fuel is bad news.Run a treatment like Star-Tron every tank or 2 after you clean it.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well another problem, Went out & checked it again , Would not Start then Quit turning over , Now crankcase is full of Gas.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
dan161
Getting Wild

That sounds like a float out of adjustment or possibly some trash blocking the needle from shutting the fuel supply off. I'd say it sounds like you may have a couple problems to me tho. I'm not sure why that would keep it from turning over is what I am getting at. Do you have the correct fuel pump for this engine? I read a thread on here where a guy had to put a T in his fuel line and run a line back to the fuel tank as a bypass cause his pump was pushing to much gas.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Came in from work & drained all the oil out , Wound up with about a gallon of Black gas , Just to make sure I took the valve cover off & adjusted the valves.
Because of all the gas & diluted oil I took out the Plugs & squirted oil on the Pistons & turned it over a few by hand. Filled it up with Mobil 1 Synthetic & rolled it over a few times without the plugs to get the oil off the pistons. )
Took the carb. off again & cleaned it out good , Made sure all the gas lines were in good shape . It rolls over great but will not start I think I'm getting a New Carb. & Fuel Pump. ( The Pain is Moving Up from my Rear To My Wallet )
Will run if I squirt Carb. Cleaner into Carb.

c
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
dan161
Getting Wild

I'm not real up on the inner workings of a carb for carts, but its weird that it won't run unless you squirt something in carb but yet it floods gas into the engine. You would think with that amount of gas going through intake it would at least run somewhat and pop some. Just out of curiosity, have you checked to make sure the choke isn't stuck closed in carb?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan161 View Post
I'm not real up on the inner workings of a carb for carts, but its weird that it won't run unless you squirt something in carb but yet it floods gas into the engine. You would think with that amount of gas going through intake it would at least run somewhat and pop some. Just out of curiosity, have you checked to make sure the choke isn't stuck closed in carb?
choke plate is right on the face of the air intake side of the carb, there is nothing else to the choke except the choke plate, right behind the choke plate is a small orafice that when air is restricted going through the carb it pulls small amounts of fuel through that orafice into the engine until it is able to run on the primary idle circuit. just a little info for you
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO