lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
b1reed
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 club car mcor wiring question

help me out guys! I just bought an 03 club car that was said to be in running condition minus batteries. I brought it home and put a set of batteries in it and it wouldn't run so I got looking and there is nothing hooked up to the gas pedal. Heres where my confusion come in. In the dash of the cart I found the shaft that goes from the pedal to the mcor, so I know it had one located on the passenger side of the cart beside the pedal. the problem is I have no wiring connections there at all... I found 2 plugs just in front of the middle batteries, one 3 pin (white, yellow, purple/white) and a 2 pin (red, green). I will order a new mcor but im not sure how im supposed to hook it up. Am I missing something or is this cart goofy?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Brandon
b1reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: 03 club car mcor wiring question

The plugs go right into the mcor. It should make sense when you have the mcor there

Post some pics just to verify
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
b1reed
Not Yet Wild

I understand that the harness plugs directly into the mcor. however there is no wires or plugs in that area. the main harness runs through there and I cant see anything that has been cut, so that rules out the previous owner chopping the plugs off. the correct 3 pin plug with correct wire colors is way in the back by the batteries in a location that would plug in to the older style potentiometers. there is no way to make it reach where the mcor mounts. I considered just extending those wires but I feel that shouldn't be needed. however, the 2 pin connector for the mcor is no where to be found.

I was at my parents campground tonight and get to look at a few carts and I seen where the wires come out of the harness to plug into the mcor but I have nothing like that. not sure if my harness is wrong or what? for the most part everything looks untouched on the cart so I have a hard time beliving someone changed the harness. I will get some pics tomorrow to post and explain it all better.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Are you sure its an 03? Check the serial numbers and verify it if the wiring harness looks stock...aka like its been there! Just a thought before you get in too deep. Good Luck!
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Sounds like its not for the mcor and its for the potentiometer. The wires come up under the f/r. You have a lever or a rocker switch?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
b1reed
Not Yet Wild

according to the serial number it is an 03 yes. and the harness looks stock with the grey loom on it and all. it also has the small plug in under the forward and reverse switch which someone can help me out with its purpose but I belive makes it in the right range of years. everything adds up except those plugs... I will post the serial number tomorrow, don't have it handy tonight
Old 07-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
b1reed
Not Yet Wild

its a rocker switch for forward and reverse.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Post serial number
Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
b1reed
Not Yet Wild

Aq0314-269756 Made a trip down to the shop!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car