lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: secondary clutch G16 ..spring hole question

I forget the letters/numbers combos but stock you turn it to the first ramp and push it in. The spring likes to wear off the letters. If you look at the holes they are all offset from the ramps, some even- some in front- some behind. The combinations will give you more distance to rotate the sheave to get into the first ramp when you install, you are changing the degrees of rotation (or wind of the spring for us simple people) you preload when you install. The more you prelaod the more rpm you will have at part throttle. Your full throttle will stay about the same. But with more rpm it will have more snap and response. It will make more noise and take more gas too, so try different amounts of preload and see what you like. It comes off much easier when it was just off.

I just bought a umax spring, its a yamaha part for the umax utility cart and is longer and heavier but still has preload. I like the way its working, it keeps the rpm up more at lower speeds and lets it down a little at higher speeds. I need to change it I tried B2 and its a little higher than I want. I bought it from a dealer the tnt site. Most all aftermarket springs are heavier and have no preload, they have no tangs to hook in the holes.

If you look at the distance between the ramp point and the pad, how far you have to rotate it to install it....that is how you tell what prelaod you are getting. Choose holes that make it further away for more preload than you have. The combos of holes will get you a setting a little bit one way or the other from what you have so you can adjust it little by little if you want.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: secondary clutch G16 ..spring hole question

When I had Yamaha snowmobiles I had a chart of the clutch spring settings. I am sure that the dealers must have the same for golf carts. OR you can build you own chart. Get a marking pen and put it in all the hole combinations and turn it to just take up the slack in the direction of the ramps, and mark it's different locations to a given reference point that you create, and note the letter and number. When you are done, write it all out in order and post it for us. You will see a pattern develop.

Chris
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha