lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
scuzman00
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ignition woes

Well, I resurrected a gas club car that was going to go to the scrap yard. Worked on fuel system, changed filters and put in fresh petrol and she fired right up. Did notice that you had to "pump" the go pedal to get it going, but it would run. After a couple of weeks the "pumping" became longer and finally she gave up the ghost. I replaced the starter solenoid, but no worky. I can jump across the starter terminals on the solenoid and she runs great. Next i took out ignition switch and tested it. Everything works as it should. Found out about gas pedal microswitch on this forum and set out to locate it. Tracked down to the black box assembly beneath the gas and brake pedal assembly. I tried to open the box, but ended up destroying it. Is there any known way to jumper this box out to let cart run without engaging microswitch when go pedal is pressed???? We don't have any kids around anymore and the safety issue is not a major deal. BTW, I did find microswitch was definitely bad.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary
scuzman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Ignition woes

What year is the cart? If you're not sure, post up the first few digits of the serial number. It should be on the floor up under the right side glove box area.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
scuzman00
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just got home from work. Stopped by cart shop here in Houston today with part in hand and found out that it is a special order part that they have never ordered. Guesstimated cost by the counter guy is 5 big ones. Gonna go thru the wiring diagrams tonite and see if I can figure ignition initiation circuit for gas pedal and devise my own hot wire. I figure if key is on and initiates starter circuit, you push pedal it goes, let off pedal it stops and engine idles, turn key off and it is just like a car. If anyone looks toward my direction tonite and see a large cloud of smoke, I have successfully let the smoke out of the starter/generator assembly and will be hauling the cart to the local scrap yard soon.

Gary
scuzman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

You didn't answer Springboks question... what is the serial number of the cart?
that way we'll know what cart you have and may be able to help you find the part you need!

Funny... It kind of sounds like a GCOR on a Precedent! and $500.00 is seriously steep for that!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What part costs $500 ? That's insane. Micro switches are $3.00 each and quite how did you destroy the black box ? It only has one securing bolt for the cover and doesn't require an acetylene torch to remove it. BTW, It's below the battery, nowhere near the brake and throttle assy. If it runs by jumping the starter terminals you have a problem with feed to it. Solenoids on these carts are constant duty not momentary like a car.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Funny... It kind of sounds like a GCOR on a Precedent! and $500.00 is seriously steep for that!
Precedents don't have an electrical components box, so, CC put the micro switches in a box at the GO pedal,
It's sealed tight, and usually gets damaged when trying to open it up!
MCOR is for electric carts, and GCOR is for gas carts

http://www.golfcartking.com/Club-Car...tch-p/9475.htm

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car