lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #41
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Auto-fill Systems

So I was contacted by one of the battery fill systems companies and they ask me why I don't sell their product. I tell them they suck, in basic terms. They tell me that they changed there valve again and that they offer a 5 year warranty on the valves and if one of there valves ruins a battery they will pay to have the battery replaced. They were even willing to send me 3 fill systems for free.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #42
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
So I was contacted by one of the battery fill systems companies and they ask me why I don't sell their product. I tell them they suck, in basic terms. They tell me that they changed there valve again and that they offer a 5 year warranty on the valves and if one of there valves ruins a battery they will pay to have the battery replaced. They were even willing to send me 3 fill systems for free.
Free is too expensive.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #43
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
Free is too expensive.
Nailed it.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #44
cartboy
Gone Wild

As related in my other 10-year-old thread, we now have the best auto-fill system available.

None.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #45
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Problem solved.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #46
cartboy
Gone Wild

We live on the lake, with lots of golf carts running around, and this week all the city folks are here. I came down the road on our UTV and one of them was stuck in the middle of the road, golf cart locked up.

I said, "I happen to do this for a living, so I'll look at it if you want."

I did, and could see that he had just cleaned the battery terminals and topped off the cells, and by topped off, I mean over-filled, with no air gap. The cable connectors were still corroded enough that they would not make full contact, and when I jiggled them, two were not were not tight and sparked.

The batteries measured 11.5 each, and I told him they should be around 12.6. I said that the bad connections is probably why the batteries didn't take a charge.

So, I suggested that he use sandpaper or a wire brush to clean the connectors and replace the nuts that were half-eaten off, then spray it all with terminal protector.

He was not grateful . . . he said, "I'll take it from here."

No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #47
cartboy
Gone Wild

Then, last Wednesday the GM/Pro and I ran out to the first green because a Member said his personal cart had died. It is the cart his Dad had when I first met him 12 years ago.

We got the member and his guest going in one of the course's carts, and then pulled the seat on the member's cart. The cable connector on that notorious back terminal had sparked in half, and disconnected. While the sparking was going on, it welded that nut to the terminal post.

The cart also did not want to fully release in Tow, and it would not push. While we were standing there trying to figure out the impossible, I popped the battery caps . . . every cell was dry.

I pulled the problem cable loose and wedged the half-connector up against the post, and gingerly drove the cart to the member's house.

He's a really nice guy, and when he finished he asked me what I drink, meaning something like a fine wine or something stronger. I told him there's nothing I could drink that would make me work on his cart!!!!

Kidding, of course.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #48
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

been using golf carts for over 12 years and the best battery water system is the one you do yourself not the one that it supposed to do for you!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #49
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I wish I could convince the lazy customers around here how awful Battery Fill Systems are. But it won't happen until after they find out what happens when one battery in such a system explodes. They will ALL explode at once. Just from experience, if a single battery goes it is loud enough to make one ear ring for a few minutes
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #50
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
I wish I could convince the lazy customers around here how awful Battery Fill Systems are. But it won't happen until after they find out what happens when one battery in such a system explodes. They will ALL explode at once. Just from experience, if a single battery goes it is loud enough to make one ear ring for a few minutes
I won't single out a cart manufacturer or dealer, but I fought two major manufacturers and their local dealers over unreliable, over-hyped, never-have-worked-like-they-say-they-do auto-fill systems, and I might as well have saved my breath.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts