lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light flashing

A few comments first:
1) The voltage reading suggested was between the + and - at the charger socket in the cart.
2) There is no such a thing as "charged enough", the charger will always come on for a few minutes even if the batteries are fully charged.
3) Do not keep using the cart if you cannot get a good charge on the batteries or you could damage your brand new batteries.

Take that voltage reading at the charger socket to make sure the OBC is ok, although the negative wire from charger socket directly to pack negative proves that your charger is not working.

Since there is no hum, the problem seems to be on the AC side of the charger.

Check the breaker in the charger to make sure is not tripped.

By-pass the relay in the charger itself in case the relay is clicking but the contacts in the relay are bad.

There are some pictures around the site on how to by-pass the charger relay.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I found the image and attached it for reference. I also added a new comment to the bottom right of the image where you can by-pass the relay without having to find a way to jump the connectors.

I would suggest the following to test the charger:

With the charger unplugged from AC.

Disconnect the wire marked: A (from the breaker)
Set your DVM for continuity test, and test between the 2 posts on the back of the breaker. You should get continuity if the breaker is working.

Disconnect the wire marked: B (from the back of the relay)

Plug the wire Marked B directly on the back of the breaker where the "A" wire was connected.

Plug the AC cord of the charger, if the charger hums, the relay is bad.

Always take pictures with your cell phone before unplugging any wires for later reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charger_jumper.jpg (212.2 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
benjamin
Not Yet Wild

I feel like quite the dumb a*&! I installed 6 volt batteries instead of 8. Returned them, installed the 8 volt and so far everything is working properly. No battery light flashing. Thanks for all your help!
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car