lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
jcue
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 EZGO textron Robin Engine 244CC 2 stroking Pulsar timing issue

I have a 1983 EZGO textron with a 244cc Robing 2 stroke engine. I can not seem to get it to run correctly. I have cleaned and inspected the carb. Took off the muffler and placed it on a BBQ. Tried to run it with the muffler off. I pulled off the engine oil mixer(not sure what it is called) and now mix my gas.

This cart has a chevy coil and HEI. It gets plenty of spark.

The cart starts without any issue. Whenever I give it full throttle, I have no power and it backfires. It does this in forward and sometimes in reverse. I have more power in reverse.

So that is information about my cart and the symptoms I am seeing. I would like to find the timing information for the pulsar to see if the timing is off. I have a good idea what needs to be done to actually time the cart, I just do not know where I would need to adjustt the pulsar. I see the timing marks on the flywheel that state f and r. I see the timing mark on the engine. Where should I try to align the pulsar with the 2 nipples on the flywheel?

I tried to find a service manual for this cart but I was unable to locate one. Does anyone know what year range I could look for?

Also, if I missed any information or my post is not clear. I will be more than willing to try and explain anything in a different way. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
jcue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO