lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2022, 03:43 AM   #1
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Default Star EV carts are trash made with cheap metal. AVOID

I got this before I knew what I know now about golf carts.
Motor is decent and axle is fine.

But the cart is falling apart.

These POS carts are made with an all metal junk metal frame.

Trash pedal assembly.

I have the entire cart in pieces rebuilding it only because the body is decent and I have a set of batteries and the motor is pretty good.

The cart has rusted apart. The main structures all have to be rebuilt.

Ive already rebuilt the rear assembly for the bumper and spring hangers.

The front will be a nightmare. ITS COMPLICATED

All connected and the pedal assembly welds into the frame. AWEFUL idea.

The cart was a 2014 and looks like its been rusting away in a field for 20 years.

Once I finish rebuilding the front structure Ill spray it all with vehicle undercoating to prevent further rust.

You need to tear the body off these things at least every couple years and hose it all down to get the hiding dirt out or it will just eat it up.

The body being all metal is idiotic. Ive refurbished a club car and it took me like a few days. Just a aluminum frame and plastic. Never had to take more than half the body off.

Seriously this is serious trash

OH and then all the parts are 5x what club car cost if you can find them.

What bulb sockets does it use? Mine were all missing. I think I found the headlights and tail lights. Need the smaller blinker bulb socket.

I could go on for days how much I hate this thing.

Some parts look like they took the normal sensor and put a different plug on it.

The throttle sensor is like $400??? WHAT??
Its like 30 for a club car and the pedal assembly just drops in.

This thing is open to the elements too. Club car is all enclosed in the plastic belly and not directed to water and dirt.

Seriously IDK who would ever buy one of these things.

If there is a used one for sale AVOID or tell them you will give them the value of the batteries if new and the motor if good like $500 tops cause its HELL ON EARTH fixing these things. PICS to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2022-07-26_18-50-39.jpg (206.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-07-26_18-49-14.jpg (216.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-07-26_18-49-10.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-07-26_18-49-02.jpg (160.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-07-26_18-50-30.jpg (113.1 KB, 0 views)
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay