lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #31
yanuk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: $25 Windows 10 x64 OEM mode 1314 and DIY Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehanl View Post
So I wish to clarify the entire procedure from start to finish; before I actually get started on doing anything.

1) Make cable as prescribed.
2) Install Curtis software (ie. 1314-4401 Version 3.12 build 33 Update Patch 2 - except I can only find build 35 - Patch 4 hopefully this is okay?)
3) Reprogram FTDI chip as prescribed and use template & other instructions.
4) If the drivers didn't install, manually install them and point Windows to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Curtis Instruments\1314-4402 PC Programming Station\1309 USB Driver" (BTW - these drivers are part of the later software version 4402 - A bit confused by this as I would also then need to install the 4402 software correct?)
5) Once FTDI cable is connected to controller, Bring up Regedit. Go into HKEY CURRENT USER/Software/Curtis Instruments/1314 CV4/Settings
**Under Name, look for the entry IAL and right click on the name IAL, select Modify Binary Data - For the line 0000, you want to input the values 76 00 31 00 EC 00 44 00 - For the line 0008, it remains 00 00 00
**Do the same for SAL.

If I install the Curtis 1314-4401 software beforehand; I do not see the registry values for SAL v1́D at all. Are these registry fields created when I first plug in the FTDI cable alone or does the cable also need to be plugged into the controller as well? OR am I completely incorrect about such? OR Do I have to create the actual registry entries SAL & v1́D manually? If I do, what exactly do I need to enter manually as far as the exact registry entries please?

Did I get anything wrong here or is there anything that I have missed?

Also, can either the 1314-4401 OR the 1314-4402 software be used with the FTDI cable? If so, do I only need to invert Rx and TXT signals with the earlier version 1314-4401 OR?

I sincerely appreciate the assistance :)
I was equally confused after reading resources here and from another different thread.

If you're using 4401 version, you only need a standard USB - Serial cable without Tx/Rx inversion, VID/PID will be standard FTDI factory default. Try both serial and enhanced serial. (Enhanced worked for me, but not serial)

Use a low comm port number because apparently higher numbers don't work.

If you're using 4402, then the cable in the first post with Tx/Rx inverted signal is for you. It didn't work for me even after entering the IAL and SAL registry values. It recognised the cable, I could enter OEM mode but couldn't detect the curtis controller target.
yanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #32
Kieupd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootstuff View Post
I'm hoping I can make this really simple and fully inclusive in one post. I did a lot of searching and there is so much conflicting information. Here is how I did it.

First, you have to get the parts.

You need a genuine FTDI chip usb to 5v TTL UART serial cable. I got mine on Amazon for $19.99. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also need a 4 pin Molex. I ordered the wrong one, but chopped it up and made it work. This will work - https://www.amazon.com/CPU-Power-Cab...ords=4+pin+ATX

To build the cable, connect USB ends as follows; black to pin 2, yellow to 3 and orange to 1. Pin 4 is not connected to anything, and the other colors from the USB end are also left unterminated. I hadn't planned on documenting, so this is the only picture of the unfinished cable. Forgive my soldering skills, they have not been the same since the brain tumor was removed.

You'll need to do some reprogramming of the FTDI chip which is why you need a genuine one. To do that, you need FT_Prog. You can get it HERE or google for yourself.

Plug in your cable and launch FT_Prog. Hit F5 and you should see some device information. Click on USB Device Descriptor and change the values as shown in the picture below.

Expand Hardware Specific and click on Invert RS232 Signals. Check the boxes for Invert TXD and Invert RXD as shown below.

Before you continue to the next step, if you don't have the Curtis 1309 USB drivers available, you will lose connection to this cable from FT_Prog because Windows will not have the drivers available for the vendor and device ID's were about to burn into the chip.

You can recover from this, but involves disabling driver signing and altering .inf files and I don't want to walk you through it, so don't ask.

In FT_Prog, hit CTRL-P or choose "Program" from the devices menu. If you unplug the cable and plug it back in, it will be a different device. If the drivers didn't install, manually install them and point Windows to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Curtis Instruments\1314-4402 PC Programming Station\1309 USB Driver"

The software that works for me is 1314-4401 Version 3.12 build 33 Update Patch 2. I found plenty of threads on where to get software, I'm pretty sure I got mine from here https://ev.forumchitchat.com/post/13...4105?&trail=25. It only works for me when I used COM4, so you may need to configure that in device manager. If COM4 isn't available, you may have to delete ghost COM ports in device manager. To do this, you'll need to choose "Show hidden devices" from the View menu in Device Manager.

Also, configure advanced port settings so the Latency Timer is set to 2ms.

Tôi đă chuẩn bị xong nhưng và kết nối thất bại
Kieupd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #33
Kieupd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieupd View Post
Tôi đă chuẩn bị xong nhưng và kết nối thất bại
Có phải như vậy không?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190308_102301.jpg (240.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #34
Kieupd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Có phải như vậy không?
Vẫn không thể kết nối được với bộ điều khiển 1230-2402
Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #35
Kieupd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Có phải như vậy không?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Bring up Regedit. Go into HKEY CURRENT USER/Software/Curtis Instruments/1314 CV4/Settings

Under Name, look for the entry IAL and rightclick on the name IAL, select Modify Binary Data

For the line 0000, you want to input the values 76 00 31 00 EC 00 44 00
For the line 0008, it remains 00 00 00

Do the same for SAL.

And yes it can be changed while in the cart. If your cart had freedom mode enabled with a dongle be careful what you change.
SAL same IAL ?
0000: 76 00 31 00 EC 004400 and
0008: ?
Old 04-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #36
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanuk View Post
I was equally confused after reading resources here and from another different thread.

If you're using 4401 version, you only need a standard USB - Serial cable without Tx/Rx inversion, VID/PID will be standard FTDI factory default. Try both serial and enhanced serial. (Enhanced worked for me, but not serial)

Use a low comm port number because apparently higher numbers don't work.

If you're using 4402, then the cable in the first post with Tx/Rx inverted signal is for you. It didn't work for me even after entering the IAL and SAL registry values. It recognised the cable, I could enter OEM mode but couldn't detect the curtis controller target.
I was unaware that someone created this thread, copying this information from the Programming Curtis Controller thread. I released the information to build these cables in that thread. Obviously, some information was left out in an attempt to just provide the basic information in a condensed format.

The registry entries are created by running the 4402 software for the first time, connecting an ORIGINAL Curtis 4402 interface cable when directed by the software, then connecting that original cable to an active controller and clicking on Connect. Only after connecting to a controller with the original Curtis interface cable, will the registry entries be created by the 4402 software. Then you must shut down the 4402 software, THEN edit the IAL and SAL entries as directed. Otherwise, you are forced to manually create the entries and fill in the values, preferred using Binary Mode.

First off, this FTDI cable was designed for use with the 4402 software only.

Second, 4402 was introduced to support newer controllers that communicate using Enhanced Serial Mode.

Third, Curtis has introduced countermeasures that will detect this cable being used. 4402 will refuse to connect to the newest controllers that contain these countermeasures. I developed a workaround for the countermeasure, but I am not releasing it. It was the wide spreading of this cable information on the internet that forced Curtis to develop the countermeasure.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:34 PM   #37
ryanmason81
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey does anyone know where to get a female XLR cable end for ezgo controller.
ryanmason81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #38
Ngotu89
Not Yet Wild

Can anybody guide me in detail diy wire connection not. I'm so grateful.
Ngotu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #39
defunc
Not Yet Wild

I was able to get this working on my 2016 Club Car President using the DSD TECH SH-U09F which is titled "USB to TTL Adapter Support 3V3 and 5V0 TTL Featuring Genuine FTDI FT232RL IC." It has a real FTDI and 2 power levels. I cut the cable included with the DSD Tech in half and soldered on a Conxall 6282-4PG-3DC connector to connect to the club car programmer port. Afterwards I used the template Bob provided for reprogramming the FTDI and changed the registry values. The only thing I messed up was I had RX/TX swapped. Once I had RX and TX proper, it worked great with the Curtis 1314-44 02 Version 4.6.7. I changed several settings like turning on "Fast Acceleration." I contacted a dealer and bought the Private Speed Mode (Part number 102258101; aka Speed Code 4) and was able to program it using the built cable.

Last edited by defunc; 02-13-2020 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Grammar
defunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #40
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Was the Conxall 6282-4PG-3DC connector a type where you had to crimp the pins and insert or was it a base you soldered wires to ? And did it need any mods to allow it to plug in..

Ezgo uses the female version of this plug I think part 8282-4SG-3DC.. May have to order a few and play.. Thanks for the part number. These are much cheaper than the other ones I ordered I had to crimp and cram together..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts