lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
rhinoone82
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Body parts for 2001 Par Car

I am trying to locate some of the body parts on my 2001 Par Car. This is the VIn# 5FCLN24A511000181. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried finding the parts online without much success. I am looking at replacing all, but the biggest issue is the section that surrounds the battery area, that the seat attaches to. The batteries were not held down when I got it from the previous owner and the batteries caused quite a bit of damage to the fiberglass.

Also any help on finding other parts easier would be a big help. There are not any aftermarket parts that I can find for the Par Cars

Thanks in advance
rhinoone82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Body parts for 2001 Par Car

That was originally a black vehicle. Now's the chance to change colors if you want. The section over the batteries is the Mid-Body. Here are the part numbers and pricing on each of the three main body parts:

Hood: CVG462627 @ $307.56
Mid w/Bench Seats: CVG462652 @ $763.84
Mid w/Bucket Seats: CVG467166 @ $750.20
Rear, Golf Style: CVG462648 @ $871.20
Rear, Touring Style: CVG467174 but no longer available.

(Those are list prices.)

Might be worth trying to find a used one. 2001 through current will work on that chassis, but the new is available and that pricing includes basic paint.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Body Parts.pdf (906.8 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Speaking of body part....when I pulled the hood from mine I peeled back the decal just enough to access the 1/4" X 20 bolt that holds it in place. Found out that yep, there is a nut back there that takes a contortionist to reach.

Bought these on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Drilled out the hole and screwed one directly into the plastic. Works better than I had expected as Columbia did not go cheap on the materials so there was adequate meat to hold the insert. I have pulled the hood twice now and the insert works perfect.

FYI, the decal just smooths back into place like it was never moved.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

You don't have to remove the decal or that screw to remove the hood.

Remove the two tek screws underneath the front lower bumper. Then with a 3/4" ratcheting box wrench, remove the two nuts at the top of the shock mounts.

The two pieces come off together, and you don't ruin the decal or scrape the knuckles.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Instruction_Hood_Removal.pdf (98.2 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
rhinoone82
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Thanks Tech Support. Now to see if I can find another used cart to steal the body from at a reasonable price. The prices are a little steeper than I think I want to spend right now.
rhinoone82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar