lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Changing Seat, Need Some Help

Hi guys, I just bought this 25th week 2000 DS so it has the separate seat backs and I'd like to change it over to the one piece. Can you guys tell me what I need to do that? I have a flip down seat so the seat bracket is not original anyway.

Can someone post some pics of the one piece seat back and how it mounts both stock and with a flip seat?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0359.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Changing Seat, Need Some Help

Kinda depends which back you get. There are a few different ways depending on the seat style.

On yours you can leave the existing mounting brackets and mount the seat back directly to those. Mark the locations of the holes and drill a 1/8" pilot hole in the wood backing. Use 1/4 x 1" lag bolts to secure the seat to the brackets. I have used those several times and they work very well.

Something you may want to try to see if it makes the back more comfortable is lowering them an inch or so, and using a spacer of some sort on the lower mounting holes to tip it back some. I find that mounting them a bit lower and with a little more angle, is more comfortable for my back.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

i changed the seats on my 91 ds from the older split back style to the 2000+ single piece back rest. all i did was got the single piece backrest off the newer style cart, back plastic cap, and the 2 seat back supports w/ sweater basket. direct swap. i do not have a rear flip fold seat so i dont have input on that. also the split style backrests mount to a flat plate and use 4- 1/4" bolts screwed into the back rest for each cushion (8 total). the newer style back rest supports are 1" box tubing and the bolt goes through that into the back rests and only use 2-1/4" bolts a side (4 total). not by the cart so cant get pictures now but will try to get some later. i am sure you could use the older braces with newer back rest with some creativity. if you dont use the plastic cap that goes on the seat back it could really open up your mounting options...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, KM, any pics of the backs would be appreciated. I'm thinking of adding a dump bed in lieu of the flip seat.
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchjoe View Post
Thanks guys, KM, any pics of the backs would be appreciated. I'm thinking of adding a dump bed in lieu of the flip seat.
Ask and you shall receive, I hope I can provide enough info to help you along! Again, Mine is stock DS components I do not have rear flip seat or dump bed. I do have brackets for a rear utility box that I can show aswell.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

These are the older split style seat brackets and backrests (2000 and older), the frame is 2" aluminum channel. the back rest brackets have a piece of flat stock welded to them and the cushions are held on with 4- 1/4-20 bolts each (8 per set)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9200.jpg (125.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9202.jpg (134.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9203.jpg (150.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9204.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9209.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is the newer style seat brackets and backrest (2000+), the frame is 1" box tubing (steel). the back rest brackets have 2 holes drilled in each and the cushion is through bolted right to the box tubing using 2- 1/4"-20 bolts each side (4 total).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9194.jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9196.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9197.jpg (108.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9198.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9214.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here is some photos of the back plastic cap for the newer single piece seat back. again the frame is 1" box tubing. it looks like the cavity in the seat back is 1-1/2" deep at the widest part. Again, if you don't use this back piece it could open up your mounting options (the back of the seat cushion is flat plywood, I don't have any pictures of it with the cap off unfortiently!) as mentioned earlier you could just match drill the 4 original holes on the older brackets using 1/8" drill bit then attach it with 1/4" lag bolts. I would just cover the back of the seat with black marine fabric or paint it. the rear seat cushion on the backside should cover most of it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9199.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9211.jpg (102.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9213.jpg (69.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9212.jpg (73.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

as far a swapping them over its a direct swap. I unbolted the older orginal seat setup, and just bolted the new ones right on. no drilling no modifications nothing! but again I do not have a rear bed, rear flip seat or a top on my cart. Im not too sure about mounting with a rear flip seat kit but I assume if you got the newer style seat back and then just specified the rear flip seat kit was for a 2000+ cart it would just bolt on. may have issues with top fitment then as these are the only 2 things I know of that are different in those (roof supports as the newer style has a different top) and the seat backs being single vs split....
Old 04-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I really like it the seats are a lot nicer and it looks a lot better, one of the best upgrades ive done to my cart!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (139.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg a1.jpg (146.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg a2.jpg (104.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car