lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2022, 11:40 PM   #51
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Thinking about going Lithium soon

Hi Tom,

I think you're talking to yourself. Steveweree's last time on the forum was 09-10-2021. It is annoying when posters don't follow up with a resolution, good or bad.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2022, 04:35 PM   #52
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi Tom,

I think you're talking to yourself. Steveweree's last time on the forum was 09-10-2021. It is annoying when posters don't follow up with a resolution, good or bad.
I saw that and thought I would give it a shot. I've sent him two PM's with no reply. It almost makes me think the problem may have been related to an installation error on his part, and he was embarrassed to mention it.

I know there was a tech at EB that was helping him. Sure would like to know how that progressed.

I hope you're enjoying your summer, Pat!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #53
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would think the problem has been resolved and he has no need for our help anymore.

Summer is great here at the moment. 30C today, 34C tomorrow (86F, 93F). All the current posts about using lithium batteries in the cold seem so far out of place for me lol.
Old 02-11-2022, 09:24 PM   #54
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Me too. It's been in the 70's the past few days here in Arizona.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 11:21 PM   #55
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Summer is great here at the moment. 30C today, 34C tomorrow (86F, 93F). All the current posts about using lithium batteries in the cold seem so far out of place for me lol.

I've got Rigby with Eco Battery checking that post from last September. He can check records since that was a 36volt, 144Ah pack bought directly from them, not a dealer.

He promised to come back here and answer any questions members may have.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:36 PM   #56
Steveweree
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, I did not realize I had left the thread hanging. I really thought I had closed it out. The third charger started was working normally - I was relying on a third party report. It was hectic at the time since I installed the battery for my father in law who is 3 hours away, and felt responsible for 'selling' him on lithium.

Everything was resolved. In the end ECO sent me two new chargers, one is a spare, and the cart and charger has been working fine ever since. No change to wiring. The bad chargers were returned to ECO but I did not hear back on a diagnosis.

Can even pull a small wheelie by flooring it on a steep hill - but cart is 200lbs lighter now.

The only issue we have had was the cart died out once on the road while reporting 40% charge, but I see the comment earlier that it is better to monitor voltage rather than %. We just try to keep it topped off now.
Steveweree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #57
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update, but it’s best to monitor state of charge, not voltage. Voltage is mostly meaningless with lithium. It is possible that your SOC meter was out of calibration due to the charger issues you had. It should recalibrate and reset to 100% at every full charge, if you’re not fully charging then the meter will loose track of Ah’s over time.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:19 PM   #58
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update, but it’s best to monitor state of charge, not voltage. Voltage is mostly meaningless with lithium. It is possible that your SOC meter was out of calibration due to the charger issues you had. It should recalibrate and reset to 100% at every full charge, if you’re not fully charging then the meter will loose track of Ah’s over time.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:15 AM   #59
Steveweree
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ECO Battery Gen 1 144Ah Parallel - 20 month Update - Intermittent Shutdown

Per this thread, I installed the 2x 72Ah 36V ECO Battery back in July 2021 into a 2003 EZGO PDS.

Initially had problems with a couple of bad battery chargers, but ECO were great in getting out replacements.

Since then have had 4 cases now of the cart randomly shutting down out on the trails at various states of charge - 40%, 45%, 60% etc. The first couple of times, assumed the batteries were dead and towed back to the garage to charge back up. Worked fine. Sorry, I do not have voltage reading when shut down. I plan to wire back up my original battery voltmeter.

Last time it shut down (80% charge), it started running again a few minutes later.

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong? I assumed it was the batteries, but now not so sure.

How does the internal battery monitor system work when I have two batteries in parallel? If one BMS shuts down, wouldn't the other battery still be functioning.
Steveweree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:36 PM   #60
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ECO Battery Gen 1 144Ah Parallel - 20 month Update - Intermittent Shutdown

More information about mods to your cart and terrain it was in when the shut down occured will help trouble shooting. But normally if it shuts down then works again a bit later would indicate a overload of the bms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveweree View Post
Per this thread, I installed the 2x 72Ah 36V

ECO Battery back in July 2021 into a 2003 EZGO PDS.

Initially had problems with a couple of bad battery chargers, but ECO were great in getting out replacements.

Since then have had 4 cases now of the cart randomly shutting down out on the trails at various states of charge - 40%, 45%, 60% etc. The first couple of times, assumed the batteries were dead and towed back to the garage to charge back up. Worked fine. Sorry, I do not have voltage reading when shut down. I plan to wire back up my original battery voltmeter.

Last time it shut down (80% charge), it started running again a few minutes later.

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong? I assumed it was the batteries, but now not so sure.

How does the internal battery monitor system work when I have two batteries in parallel? If one BMS shuts down, wouldn't the other battery still be functioning.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO