lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo sometimes goes normal speed sometimes it dont

I have a ezgo pds and it will sometimes run fine and sometimes it’s like it’s in limp mode. I can stop and switch the f/r switch a few times and it’ll run fine. Then if I stop and hit the pedal it might run slow again. I can stop again and play with the switch and it might run fine or it might take a few times if flipping the switch to run normal. I replaced the f/r switch and it still does it. What should I check next? Thanks
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #2
FatBusting
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo sometimes goes normal speed sometimes it dont

My guess is it is the solenoid.

Electrical problems I use an electric probe and a multi-meter with a clamp for amps. I posted in "Garage and Workshop" a mechanics seat, which allows voltage testing while driving.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180778

https://www.amazon.com/BOAK-Electric...189707&sr=8-23

Measure the full voltage of the string of batteries. then his the accelerator and while moving measure again. The probe is handy because one side can be clamped and all it takes is touching the tip to measure voltage. Do this for both the good speed and bad speed. If the voltage at the battery are the same in both the run good and run bad cases, then it is not the batteries. If it limps, the batteries will measure close to 36v/48v, where at full speed it should be close to the rest value.

Next do the same by touching the probe to the hot side of the solenoid, it should read the same as the battery. The switched side, after the ballast resistor will read a few volts lower. When you hit the accelerator, measure the voltage, once again looking for a runs good/runs bad measurement. If they are different, you have a bad solenoid. If it is the same, then the solenoid is good.

If you don't want to do all the diagnosis, an solenoid isn't expensive, you could just put one it. I just hate throwing money at a problem without knowing it is bad.
FatBusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Put controller in diagnostic mode and listen for error codes.

Text at bottom of attached PDS label tells you how to enter diagnostic mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:10 PM   #4
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. It ended up being something in the controller. Sent it off for repairs and been running right ever since. Thanks
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encoder, ezgo, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO