lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2023, 09:48 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car precedent- 3 speed options

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer188910 View Post
and putting 23" tires next week.
I concur with the Alltrax if you're going with these tires. I missed that line. Forget the speed code 5 unless you stay stock.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2023, 04:21 PM   #12
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

All, great information and I appreciate each of your opinions! Seems like the mutual response is Alltrax, selenoid, cables, motor, etc...

However, as mentioned in the original price is a huge factor and was looking for more of a budget solution. I.E. Bandit only for $289, or speed code 5 for $150. Am I crazy to think that there is no budgetary solution out there for my needs? Just want to go 22MPH with some good torque, nothing crazy!
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:46 PM   #13
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer188910 View Post
All, great information and I appreciate each of your opinions! Seems like the mutual response is Alltrax, selenoid, cables, motor, etc...

However, as mentioned in the original price is a huge factor and was looking for more of a budget solution. I.E. Bandit only for $289, or speed code 5 for $150. Am I crazy to think that there is no budgetary solution out there for my needs? Just want to go 22MPH with some good torque, nothing crazy!
Speed code 5 depends on the serial number of the cart.

https://gaminde.net/SPEED_CODE_5.php
Camaro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:05 PM   #14
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro69 View Post
Speed code 5 depends on the serial number of the cart.

https://gaminde.net/SPEED_CODE_5.php
I checked and am good to do SC 5
Old 01-11-2023, 05:23 PM   #15
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't put 23" tires on it. They make 18.5 x 8" tires with an off road tread for your boonie bashing and the small motor and controller will handle it with aplomb.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:28 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

A bandit in the woods or hunting with 23” tires will kill it. Plum quick even says not to use it for that on their website.

You’re better off with an alltrax, solenoid, and some wires. Buy once, cry once. Start it off right and you set yourself up for future upgrades. Or spend $150 bucks on a speed code widget (on a site asking for Zelle payments always seems suspicious to me, but I’m just paranoid like that). Then in 6 months when your controller fails for being overdriven you’re out the $150 plus still need to buy an alltrax.

Better off buying a good controller and selling your stock one with the speed code that’s already in it, recoup some of the $.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:32 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Then again, I have a $150 cart with about $5k worth of upgrades
Old 01-11-2023, 05:36 PM   #18
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
A bandit in the woods or hunting with 23” tires will kill it. Plum quick even says not to use it for that on their website.

You’re better off with an alltrax, solenoid, and some wires. Buy once, cry once. Start it off right and you set yourself up for future upgrades. Or spend $150 bucks on a speed code widget (on a site asking for Zelle payments always seems suspicious to me, but I’m just paranoid like that). Then in 6 months when your controller fails for being overdriven you’re out the $150 plus still need to buy an alltrax.

Better off buying a good controller and selling your stock one with the speed code that’s already in it, recoup some of the $.

From what I can find it sounds like if I do a Alltrax 500 controller, selenoid, wire kit, I should be able to get 24MPH on stock motor with a significant increase in torque. Would the stock motor be able to hold up to this?
Old 01-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Do you have the gray ge motor or the black AMD?

If you have the ge I’d limit it to about 300 amps. AMD will handle 400 just fine.

An alltrax at 300 amps will still make more power than the factory controller would ever be able to dream of.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #20
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Do you have the gray ge motor or the black AMD?

If you have the ge I’d limit it to about 300 amps. AMD will handle 400 just fine.

An alltrax at 300 amps will still make more power than the factory controller would ever be able to dream of.

BLACK AMD... if I did 400A would I still have to do cables & selenoid?

Tags
speed, torque, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car