lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2023, 10:41 PM   #1
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Charge and Drain Expectation

My lithium set up has been working well, but I'm beginning to fear I still haven't gotten all the kinks worked out. I bought the attached battery monitor and I'm wondering if I just don't have the settings right. This is the link too, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V1VZNGH/, but I've been running the cart a decent amount, enough I would assume the battery is going down, but I see no reduction in the voltage. Sometimes it will flicker to 99mAh or 99%, but then goes back up. Good 15 minute ride around our neighborhood and no fluctuating lower. Anyone else have a similar monitor or have any suggestions? For the max and min setting they are at 100 and 0. Maybe the batteries are that bad a$$, but I feel like that's not the answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230306-223545.jpg (63.4 KB, 0 views)
twistr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2023, 04:28 AM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Charge and Drain Expectation

That’s a clone of the very good Renogy 500A meter.

I’d say you’ve wired it incorrectly. Have you connected the current shunt to the battery negative and does all current going in and out of the battery pass THROUGH the current shunt?

This meter works by “counting” the amps in/out of the battery to give you a state of charge. It does not rely on voltage and the displayed voltage is just for information.

This is the diagram from the link you posted above.

A7CB53CB-D6ED-4354-AFEF-A67BD6036453.jpeg
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post

I’d say you’ve wired it incorrectly. Have you connected the current shunt to the battery negative and does all current going in and out of the battery pass THROUGH the current shunt?

This meter works by “counting” the amps in/out of the battery to give you a state of charge. It does not rely on voltage and the displayed voltage is just for information.

Attachment 235748
its not a clone... rebogy doesnt actually make anything, they buy thier products from various chinese manufacturers often in cases like their charge controllers and solar panels , they just rebrand existing products. I have some of thier stuff and the identical counterparts.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #4
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post

Attachment 235748
Yes, it is connected with that shunt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20221205_160910330.jpg (147.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2023, 05:29 PM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

What is wired to the battery directly? I believe you want both the loads and the charging voltage to go through the shunt to keep proper/accurate track of everything..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:34 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes - only the shunt could be connected to battery negative. It looks like the charger negative is hooked to battery negative in that picture. That's not correct based on the schematic above. That would bypass the shunt during charging.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:48 PM   #7
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Yes - only the shunt could be connected to battery negative. It looks like the charger negative is hooked to battery negative in that picture. That's not correct based on the schematic above. That would bypass the shunt during charging.
So I should just move those cables to another terminal?
Old 03-07-2023, 05:49 PM   #8
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Ooooh, I see it now, I need to move the charging negative to the other side of the shunt.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:55 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yup. That should improve things.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:11 AM   #10
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
its not a clone... rebogy doesnt actually make anything, they buy thier products from various chinese manufacturers often in cases like their charge controllers and solar panels , they just rebrand existing products. I have some of thier stuff and the identical counterparts.
Rebadged is a better word then.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO