lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2023, 02:47 PM   #1
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent No Run RXV buzzer beeps when failing

Hello all, I have an EZGO RXV, 2009 in for repair and it intermittently doesn't run. When this happens the buzzer starts buzzing in forward/Neutral/Reverse. It is not a solid buzz but and on off on off buzz that is continuous until cycling the key switch in which case the cart will power up and run again. Sometimes it takes multiple key cycles for it to start running. It seems that when running it runs good. The issue hasn't shown itself while driving the cart around, only when initially turning on the key switch. I tested the pedal switches with multimeter and they are all passing the test, the key switch seems to be working properly every time it is turned on. Solenoid has voltage and is sending it across to controller, I did notice the small 2 terminals on solenoid have 26V across when powered up, not sure if that's normal? Just curious if anybody has an idea of a common part that causes these symptoms or not.
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2023, 04:55 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittent No Run RXV buzzer beeps when failing

Not sure with the intermittent buzzer problem, the voltage across the small posts of the solenoid should be ~ 25v with key on and solenoid engaged. Enclosed the Danaher Troubleshooting Guide with a lot of useful information.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

That's the beeping for 'mechanical brake has slipped' and happens when you turn the key to F or R and the car is moving just enough to trip the code, or when you have sat on it with it in F or R and then try to take off. It's code #25107 and affects any Danaher RXV from the years 2009-11. There was a firmware update that the handheld prompts for when used to overcome the sensitivity to this code, as on the older models you have to literally hold your breath when turning them on or they fail this way.

Does your motor brake have a handle on it to release it? If so that's part of the issue, those brakes wear and cause the code to come up often. Each RXV old enough that rolls in has multiple 25107's in the error list.

During the power-up of a Danaher RXV one of the self-tests it runs involves twitching the motor back and forth to see if the motor brake holds the motor, and if it slips ever so much the car shuts down and you hear 'beeeeep! beeeeep! beeeep! until the key is cycled off/on and you try again.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Yes it does have the handle on the motor brake. So what solution do you guys recommend? Should I replace the motor brake with a newer style(if that is applicable to the older RXV) or should I update the firmware and that should remedy the issue? I appreciate all yalls information and help on this.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:16 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

David, my '09 RXV has the newer style brake already and there were never any problem with it. TheDanaher firmware were updated to v. 5.9 back in 2018. My current project, a '08 RXV came w/o a brake but, it has the sticker with the release instructions for the lever em brake. For this cart, i've ordered a used/tested oem brake from https://www.ebay.com/itm/255767761602. Looks good, and much cheaper then a $ 300+ new one, and there are still some available! I'd give it a try. The old lever style brake isn't available any longer and must be replaced with the new style.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:51 AM   #6
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good, I'll check it out. So here's my dilemma, I do not have the scanner required to update the firmware on this RXV. If I replaced the brake with the newer style, is it still possible that the cart goes into lockout mode? Or will this brake remedy the issue? Otherwise I assume I will have to take it to an actual dealer to update the firmware.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:23 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the lockout were caused by the brake itself ( failing during the on-self-test ) same thing would happen but, a new brake shouldn't fail at this point. The em brake is a security feature by design and will always lockup, if a relevant fault are detected by the controller.
Old 04-11-2023, 07:44 AM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

updating the firmware only lessens the sensitivity to the error, but doesn't actually fix the issue if the brake has enough wear. I read here often that there's a different replacement E-brake for a Danaher vs. Curtis, so be aware of that.

RXVs will lock up for any error, no matter how insignificant. They become dangerous when the do this at speed, and can get people killed. It's a stupid design, and the concept of a limp home mode seems to have escaped EZGO. They've made tons of goofy decisions these days, almost like they want to go bankrupt. It doesn't matter if the RXV has low batteries, or you just look at it cross-eyed while driving, it decides to throw you off like an angry horse at random quite often from my own experience that I brace myself each time I road-test one. I'm surprised they didn't just put 'Hoyt Clagwell' on the front as they're as testy as the tractor in Green Acres
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO