lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2023, 06:36 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default "Torque" controller flashing a code not in manual

An EZGO TXT48 came in with an aftermarket "Torque" controller (at one time made by Navitas and sold by Silverwolf) basically a 600A aftermarket controller with an on-the-fly programmer (three dials for speed, regen and acceleration rate, with a status LED ). It was originally a simple fix, it thought a charger was plugged in when it wasn't (code 1-3). Found a severed wire that I re-attached to the wire that goes to the charger interlock and it ran fine. As I was road-testing it, it started flashing again, but kept running, but this time it was code 1-5 (blinks once, pause, blinks five times, pause, repeat) and I kept going as it showed no performance issues or anything, and as I turned around, it immediately shut down. Cycled tow/run, took off again, it shuts down again. During this, same code, 1-5. I cycled tow-run and limped it back at 1/4 throttle, and then opened the manual again. But here's the confusion. There ain't no 1-5 listed, and any search online leads to nothing, and what does show in Google search are somewhat sketchy sites. Nothing about Torque or Silverwolf anything so if there's a manual where 1-5 is listed, I can't find it.

There is nothing wrong with the batteries, nothing was hot, nothing smoked, motor ain't even warm. It was just less than a mile too. It will now run a few feet and slow down and shut down. Acts like it's low batteries (almost no power, slows gradually then cuts out). But the batteries are 2021 Trojan T-875 and are reading as 90% charged (50.3 at the pack, individually reading 8.5-8.. None of the cables were loose or hot. Is anyone here familiar with these controllers? What a code 1-5 means? The only code like it was code 1-4, meaning motor is too hot. But motor is not even warm, and there is no temp sensor (still the stock EZGO TXT48 motor) and it's definitely a code 1-5. It flashes once, pauses, then definitely 5 times and repeats.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2023, 03:36 PM   #2
Sb406
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: "Torque" controller flashing a code not in manual

Did you ever figure out what it was mines doing this right now
Sb406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO