lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Has anyone used a Alltrax in a G19

My stock GE controller has bit the dust (I think). Eveything else checks out
ok so I orderded a Alltrax DCX300, its suppose to work in 2001 - G19 - regen cart. I was hoping someone had some feedback and maybe things I may need to look out for when doing the conversion.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Has anyone used a Alltrax in a G19

I used one in a G8...roughly the same thing.

Why the DCX300? That's not much more than you have now. Get the DCX500 at LEAST so if you plan to upgrade, you will already have the controller for it. Plus, the torque will be nice.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Ive got a old cushman and a set of large fourwheeler tires that i will be fixing up for the woods & hills, I plan on changing from resistors to controller and whatever it needs.
Right now i just want to get the Yamaha back running as stock, mainly for the wife & kids. I have read in other forums that the G19 (regen) cart being a
shunt type motor that it would not be good for lifting & high performance, the
old Cushman has standard series motor.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Hooey! I lifted a G22 (same drivetrain as G19, basically) and it does fine. It could handle to have a little stronger controller but it doesn't NEED it.

I actuall converted the G8 to a shunt motor over a series. That cart would burn the tires out of the garage and hit 30+mph in NO time.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinnc View Post
I have read in other forums that the G19 (regen) cart being a
shunt type motor that it would not be good for lifting & high performance.
IMO thats not totally true. I think they are reffering to the older shunt controllers. They are making leaps and bounds in performance with aftermarket shunt motors. The whole electric golf cart industry is switching over to shunt wound motors.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha