lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements
Announcements Important information concerning the forum and members.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Honorary Veterans

Went in the Air Force in 89 got out in 93, stationed at Travis AFB in Ca, served six months in the Gulf War, I was a crew chief on C5's, I met my wonderful wife through being a pen pal while in the Gulf shes from UP State NY. Been married now for 13 years I currently work for the Police Dept as a Detective. Thanks for the space to post and thanks to all who have served and currently serveing. V

Last edited by vponder; 01-01-2010 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Sorry for the wrong section
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Honorary Veterans

Went active duty Air Force in 1981. Stationed at 49 TFW Holloman, NM (81-84) and 36 TFW, 525 AMU, Bitburg, GE (84-88 ), Jet Engine Technician - F-15s. Left active duty and entered the Air Reserve Technician program, full time Air Force Reserve, in 1989 at Wright-Patterson, OH - 906 FG F-16s. BRAC closed the 906 in 1994 so I moved to the other side of the runway with the 445 AW - C-141s. My first work with the heavies. This was a change of pace!!!! In 2003 was activated for Enduring Freedom for two years. Also in 2003 I went off the ramp and into the Quality Assurance world. 2005 we flew the last active C-141 to the USAF Museum and the unit transitioned to C-5s. In 2009 I left the ART program to a straight civil service postion... but am still hanging on in the Reserves as a traditional reservist. 4 1/2 more years and they'll kick me out for high year of tenure. 28 1/2 years and counting... and it's been a blast!!!!

Vponder... small world. Several folks I work with used to be at Travis and a few of our C-5s are old Travis birds too.

Integrity First • Service Before Self • Excellence in All We Do
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Any Air Force vet is ok in my book.. especially from Thomasville !

Hey have you seen that big oak tree they have in Thomasville ??

(everybody asks that...) I joined in 1974, DEP..I went 1-A after I graduated
from HS, was classified 1-H when I turned 18 that year.. I did AIT at Chanute, then stationed at Elmendorf for 18 months- rotated into 18 more before crawling back to Florida ...At that time it was the old SAC.

I was in Jimmah's Air Force !
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by csason View Post
Any Air Force vet is ok in my book.. especially from Thomasville !

Hey have you seen that big oak tree they have in Thomasville ??

(everybody asks that...) I joined in 1974, DEP..I went 1-A after I graduated
from HS, was classified 1-H when I turned 18 that year.. I did AIT at Chanute, then stationed at Elmendorf for 18 months- rotated into 18 more before crawling back to Florida ...At that time it was the old SAC.

I was in Jimmah's Air Force !
Yea the big Oak is our claim to fame Its about 315 years old now you must be near Thomasvile. VP
Old 01-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
Went active duty Air Force in 1981. Stationed at 49 TFW Holloman, NM (81-84) and 36 TFW, 525 AMU, Bitburg, GE (84-88 ), Jet Engine Technician - F-15s. Left active duty and entered the Air Reserve Technician program, full time Air Force Reserve, in 1989 at Wright-Patterson, OH - 906 FG F-16s. BRAC closed the 906 in 1994 so I moved to the other side of the runway with the 445 AW - C-141s. My first work with the heavies. This was a change of pace!!!! In 2003 was activated for Enduring Freedom for two years. Also in 2003 I went off the ramp and into the Quality Assurance world. 2005 we flew the last active C-141 to the USAF Museum and the unit transitioned to C-5s. In 2009 I left the ART program to a straight civil service postion... but am still hanging on in the Reserves as a traditional reservist. 4 1/2 more years and they'll kick me out for high year of tenure. 28 1/2 years and counting... and it's been a blast!!!!

Vponder... small world. Several folks I work with used to be at Travis and a few of our C-5s are old Travis birds too.

Integrity First • Service Before Self • Excellence in All We Do
Who are some of the people that was at Travis I still remember some of the names of the ARTS I worked with, Jim Singer, Art Veins they may be retired by now Ive been out a while one of my old buddies is still in 21 years now still at Travis hes a flight eng on the C5 we recently reconnecter on Facebook. Do you remember when the C5 crashed in Germany that was one of ours 9018 tail number never forget it. yea we use to be scared of QA we always had someone watching for them HA HA VP
Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Guys I know from Travis that might have been there when you were there... Craig Hunt, back shop jets, Jeff Hurst, flight line jets. Andy VanErt, jets (he may half left before '89). I think we have a few older crew chiefs from there too, they may have been on the C-141 side tho', Ray Grass... can't think of the others. I try not to associate with the nose pickers, ya know!!!

Scared of QA... WHY?!?
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
Yea the big Oak is our claim to fame Its about 315 years old now you must be near Thomasvile. VP
My people are from Colquitt county.. I am in Florida, and was born here..all but two of us were born in Colquitt. My grandaddy was justice of the peace in Lowndes county for forty years.

When I shipped out, (caught the bus to Lackland) I was living in Jacksonville, but chose to leave at Moody in Georgia.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
Guys I know from Travis that might have been there when you were there... Craig Hunt, back shop jets, Jeff Hurst, flight line jets. Andy VanErt, jets (he may half left before '89). I think we have a few older crew chiefs from there too, they may have been on the C-141 side tho', Ray Grass... can't think of the others. I try not to associate with the nose pickers, ya know!!!

Scared of QA... WHY?!?
Nose pickers? I remember being Booger Hookers ! Yea when we combined the shops For AGS those guys were not happy campers, Not really scared of QA but you always wanted to make sure you were on the right page in the "Checklist" if they creeped up on you in the "circle of safty"
Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by csason View Post
My people are from Colquitt county.. I am in Florida, and was born here..all but two of us were born in Colquitt. My grandaddy was justice of the peace in Lowndes county for forty years.

When I shipped out, (caught the bus to Lackland) I was living in Jacksonville, but chose to leave at Moody in Georgia.
good to know if your ever passing through stop by the PD and say hey I'm there M-F Vp
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #10
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
good to know if your ever passing through stop by the PD and say hey I'm there M-F Vp
We just buried my 95 year old aunt out at Pleasant Hill, near Berlin..yesterday.

I couldn't make it because of work.. but we get up there about twice'd a
year..always for the reunion in Twin Lakes around the end of school.

I'll give you a p.m. next time I head your way..!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements