lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
joshm28
Not Yet Wild

Default New to Me PDS

I just purchased a 2001 EZGO PDS (36 volt) for a hunting buggie build. I have installed a 6" lift and 22" tires on 10" rims and a front clay basket. I am well aware of the fact that I will need to upgrade the controller in the near future due to design limitations of the original controller and plan on going with an altraxx 400amp, I have several questions that I can't seem to find answers to via the search engine so maybe you guys can help.

I want to add some accessory switches in the blank area where the operation and safety instructions are located. What is the easiest way to access the back of this panel for wiring purposes?

Also knowing I am going to upgrade the controller would #4 wire upgrade add any torque prior to the controller upgrade?

Thanks for the help
joshm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to Me PDS

#4 cable will help but not alot on the torque. Go ahead and start saving for the Alltrax 400 because it isn't a matter of if you are gonna need it, it is matter of when.

My PDS grew up when I installed mine.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Removing the key switch plate will give access to the area you want to put the switches in. The 4g cables are necessary as is the controller & solenoid upgrade. The cables alone are not going to give you any kind of 'seat of the pants' torque gains.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
joshm28
Not Yet Wild

So do i just drill out the rivets holding the key switch plate in place? how would I go about re attaching it
joshm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm28 View Post
So do i just drill out the rivets holding the key switch plate in place? how would I go about re attaching it
That's correct, most people just put it back with a couple of small screws, or you can buy a variety pack of plastic rivets at Harbor Freight or most any hardware store.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You have to easily obtainable areas. One being the key switch plate. If you are careful enough you can take a small punch and pop out the center of the little black drive rivet and reuse them. Also you can pop the cupholders out for a lot more room.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Colt, is there a magic tab on the cup holders I'm missing? I went to take mine out when I first started, but they just would not release, I was afraid to break something.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No Scoot, you just get you a nice big flat head and keep working your way around the edge until you can get up in there and pry straight up
Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
No Scoot, you just get you a nice big flat head and keep working your way around the edge until you can get up in there and pry straight up
Roger that, that's the route I was going but was sure something was about to break. I'll use that precision technique when I wire up my brushguard lights.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Roger that, that's the route I was going but was sure something was about to break. I'll use that precision technique when I wire up my brushguard lights.
There are some cheap horizontal bars in that area that will break more than likely. Dont even worry bout them!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO