lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
1fastmofo
Not Yet Wild

Default New headache... Ruff n tuff 6 seater

I've read up on these carts and know about the issues... I got it for a deal so decided to push on... It's a 07 6 seater it has 6 8 volts in it all battery seem to test close to 8 lowest was just over 6... Shows charged on the front gauge.... Are you guys using a volt meter to test overall output?

It was said to have a bad rear end however I found it to just be a bad bearing on the " primary pinion" replaced both for 30$ at the parts store.

Not really concerned if the electric system is bad as to i will swap to gas if necessary...

My question is old would my easiest solution to swap if I need to? should i source an Ez go for the rear end n misc parts?? Anyone who has found parts that will swap into these that info would be great. Thanks
1fastmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Doctord
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New headache... Ruff n tuff 6 seater

going from electric to gas is not exactly a straight forward swap, its more of a make it fit and work, lots of back-yard engineering!
Doctord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
1fastmofo
Not Yet Wild

That's kinda what I figured... Well went ahead and installed the rear end... Getting continuity between s2a2 spin the tires w it on jackstands and it will continue to spins and run... Pulled motor back off and seems to need the armature cleaned and new brushes... Can't fully make out the brand of the motor... Tech sun does that sound correct? Seems extremely simple does anyone know of a place to purchase brushes?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

all battery seem to test close to 8 lowest was just over 6..

Should be 8.5-8.6
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
1fastmofo
Not Yet Wild

All these years and I've decided to try again to get it going, brand new batteries had the motor rebuilt drive it once and the brakes were shot. Went to remove the back wheels and the studs broke loose from the hubs. I parked it until now. Bought another set of batteries. Controller went bad so I bought a used spm controller and spare stock controller and now it just clicks. I'm beginning to regret my purchase.lol however I have 2 young boys now who want to ride does anyone have any information or the wiring for the pedal to the controller a schematic
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts