lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #11
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR testing on 2006 club car

Do you have a Green wire and a blue wire coming out?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Well, I have a green and a blue wire that I thought goes in....they are on one plug....I assumed the other plug with three wires (yellow, white and purple/white} were coming out....the three wire combination is what I tested and didn't have continuity anywhere pushing the peddle. Im sure the blue wire goes to voltage, don't remember where the green wire went....

Was I testing the correct wires
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

The green and blue wires are the Switch inside the MCOR. Disconnect the plug and connect the ohm meter to the end going into the MCOR. Press the pedal and you should see the reading go from open to short on the meter. Release and repeat several times. Plus you should be able to hear it click.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
the three wire combination is what I tested and didn't have continuity anywhere pushing the peddle
I thought you said these were the wires you tested to get your ohm readings!
Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #15
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK...I have continuity on the green and blue wires when mashing the peddle, so the micro switch is working...tried it several times..

yea the ohms test was done with the wires listed above...
Old 09-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

nc check your pm sometime!
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I would say your MCOR is good.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

OK my friends....A super nice guy sent me a service manual on this DS cart...Part the way through I discovered the solenoid was bad...Got the new one in today, put it on and now my reverse buzzer works, it will move in reverse fine, but will not go in forward. I do feel a little attempt to move in forward but after just a few seconds the solenoid drops out...I checked out the F/R rocker switch...Orange or middle wire has 49.8. put in forward (blue wire} 49.8 volts and reverse {brown wire} 49.8 volts...

Anyone have any ideas where to check before I start testing all over...maybe a simple fix....

thanks

BTY..continuity is good on all wires from F/R switch to where ever they go
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK my golf cart buddies....This an update but first want to tell you a little more about the golf cart.
Its a 2006 48 volt DS..When it came to me it was not running..The owner said it would be running and ok and just come to a stop and beep three times, it would start off again and do that several times a day. He plugged it in to charge and it never worked again.

I have tested and retested just about everything on the cart and kept getting high/low readings everywhere. I found 5 or 6 bad or corroded wires/terminals and replace all them. The solenoid kept testing bad so I installed a new solenoid. Now the cart will go in REVERSE only. After obtaining a service manual for that cart I found a added wire that made the someone installed that made the whole system HOT all the time. Once all the wiring was check again, I now have reverse and also have my reverse buzzer working.

I am starting over on the testing and one of the first things I get to is that the solenoid drops out a few seconds after clicking in forward. The cart has a hint of trying to move forward before dropping out.

There are a few of the testing that is NOT exact according to the manual. OBC test...Pack volts are 49 for all test. Blue wire near OBC showed 39.7 volts and should have been 49. All other test OBC were good.

Solenoid testing showed good

MCOR voltage test..MCOR showed good except for yellow wire showed .22 and is suppose to be approx. .32. but increased to 4.65 with peddle pressed.

NOW comes my problem,.Trying to test the A1 and A2 motor voltage..
Old 09-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #20
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK my golf cart buddies....This an update but first want to tell you a little more about the golf cart.
Its a 2006 48 volt DS..When it came to me it was not running..The owner said it would be running and ok and just come to a stop and beep three times, it would start off again and do that several times a day. He plugged it in to charge and it never worked again.

I have tested and retested just about everything on the cart and kept getting high/low readings everywhere. I found 5 or 6 bad or corroded wires/terminals and replace all them. The solenoid kept testing bad so I installed a new solenoid. Now the cart will go in REVERSE only. After obtaining a service manual for that cart I found a added wire that made the someone installed that made the whole system HOT all the time. Once all the wiring was check again, I now have reverse and also have my reverse buzzer working.

I am starting over on the testing and one of the first things I get to is that the solenoid drops out a few seconds after clicking in forward. The cart has a hint of trying to move forward before dropping out.

There are a few of the testing that is NOT exact according to the manual. OBC test...Pack volts are 49 for all test. Blue wire near OBC showed 39.7 volts and should have been 49. All other test OBC were good.

Solenoid testing showed good

MCOR voltage test..MCOR showed good except for yellow wire showed .22 and is suppose to be approx. .32. but increased to 4.65 with peddle pressed.

NOW comes my problem,.Trying to test the A1 and A2 motor voltage..
With the probes on a1 and a2 slowly press peddle, when mcor limit switch closes it should read approx. 5 volts and increase to 48 when peddle is pushed...
As soon as the mcor switch closes on this cart the voltages goes to approx. 2.2 then the solenoid drops out....
S0 I cant test any further....I need to know from my golf cart gurus what is making the solenoid kick out.....

Jjance...looking for you

Thanks guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car