lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 96' carryall 1 project

Picked up this carryall for my new yard cart. Came with a different paint job/sticker work.

Got it home and started peeling stickers. Found a cool green paint on the front body under the blue. Unfortunately under the green was a purple and something else over the factory grey paint/plastic. Ended up just stripping all the paint off.

TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 96' carryall 1 project

I bought it as is, not running, no guarantees. Ended up just cleaning the carb and charging the battery and got the fe290 going. I plan to put in a v-twin so I didn't really care if it ran or not. Just a bonus that the motor runs. I added a 6" all sports super sport kit and some 22" saharas.

This is front lift on with new wheels/tires, rear stock. It ended up taller than I was expecting.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Found the clutch helix broken and the moving face with bad ridges. Replaced the helix already. Face is on the way.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

After putting the lift on and doing a little tuning the motor runs good but just does not have the power to run on trails. I have some sugar sand trails close and it will barely move if the sand is too thick. So I already had this Kohler command 18 sitting on the ground, it's a 1 1/8 shaft so I stripped the motor down and I'm getting the crank cut to 1". I already have a new comet 780 for it.

That's pretty much where I'm at now. This should be a beast with the Kohler in it.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good
Are u doing any mods to the Kohler when u rebuild it I have the same motor and am looking for mods to do to it
chevydmax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nah no real mods. Just freshening it up some, new gaskets/new seals, fresh wiring. Wouldnt mind putting a more agressive cam in while im in there but not going to. The stock motor with the carb limiting screw pulled out should be plenty. I put a duramax 16hp clone in a otherwise stock DS and gave it to my folks for a yard cart. While i had it it ran great on my sand trails. The extra hp and mainly torque of this v-twin should be suficient. If not i'll juice it up some. I probably would have gotten a vanguard or predator clone v-twin if i was buying new but this motor was donated from some old equipment so i'll see what it does. Its got alot of hours but was maintained well. It was very clean inside with little to no noticable wear. It ran great but the machine it was on rusted away and got replaced.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #7
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Crank has been machined down to 1". Just need to get the keyway cut a little deeper and I'll get the motor back together.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #8
MelATL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nice - This is what I have been wanting to see. I have a 99 carry all ll "not yet wild" and yours is looking great and what I want to do. How much do you have in the lift and tires if you don't mind my asking?
MelATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks. Got the lift from I think it was cartpartsplus. Somewhere around 350$. Tires/wheels from ebay, a little over 400$.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
summerplace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Still have the original air box? I am from Sebring and am looking for an air box?

If so please text 1-513-288-9074
summerplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car