lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
bigodr
Not Yet Wild

Default Work around

Hi, I have a '96 EZ GO TXT. Had an Alltrax Axe controller with spade type posts which died. Replaced with Alltrax NPX 4844 but has 5 thin pins instead. Before I send back, is there a work around. Nothing at NAPA fits and the local EZGO shop was clueless. Thanks for any advice.
bigodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigodr View Post
Hi, I have a '96 EZ GO TXT. Had an Alltrax Axe controller with spade type posts which died. Replaced with Alltrax NPX 4844 but has 5 thin pins instead. Before I send back, is there a work around. Nothing at NAPA fits and the local EZGO shop was clueless. Thanks for any advice.
You have a NPV4855EZ and the molex plug from a stock EZGO series wiring harness fits it. (The EZ suffix makes it a Plug 'n Play for the stock Curtis 1206 Controller)
The attached picture shows the difference between the NPX and the NPX-EZ.
Attached Images
File Type: gif NPX-EZGo-Wire-Diagram2.gif (47.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
bigodr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB, appreciate the note. So now I have a brand new controller that is properly connected, but the cart still won't run. I had paid $110 to the local shop to tell me I needed a new controller, but I guess they were wrong. Fully charged batteries, depress the pedal and hear the switch click, green light on the controller, solid connections everywhere. What other things obvious things should I be checking?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Verify the throttle up signal is correct from the cart.

ITS - INDUCTIVE THROTTLE SENSOR
There are three parts to the system.
1. a voltage source from the controller
2. a plunger and coil in the pedal box under the floor mat
3. a throttle position translator in the controller.

Basically, when you press down on the pedal, a metal rod is inserted into (through) the sensor coil in the pedal box, changing the inductance of the coil, which reduces the voltage signal sent through it and this varying voltage signal tells the controller to pass more current to the motor.

The voltage at Pin-2 (Black wire) should be 9.0V to 11.5V
At Pin-1 (White wire), with pedal just pushed until the solenoid clicks should read 0.4V - 0.6V.
With pedal on floor, it should read 1.5V - 1.7V These readings are true for the Curtis control. The Alltrax control uses a higher voltage. The throttle signal should start at 10 V and go down to 6 V.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
bigodr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb. The black was 17v and the white was 14v, dropping down to 11v with pressing on the throttle. (if I was measuring it correctly)
Old 02-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Which model number Alltrax controller do you have installed now?

How many times does the LED flash before staying on steady green?

For an Alltrax controller, measure between the black and white wires with voltmeter.
Should be 10V when pedal switch clicks and 6V when pedal is on floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO