lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #31
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 EZ GO TXT Won't Start

some of those strands were are broken. I wasn't sure if this was really an issue because I was always reading 12.3 volts from the battery give or take .2V. I did clean the grounds that connect from the negative post of the battery, the connection point at the frame, and the connection point on the engine.
Schwophi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #32
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

I swapped the c and d termination points on the solenoid and got it to chatter. That is all i was able to accomplish as far as getting anything out of the solenoid.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #33
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

When you hit the pedal, what is the voltage on the battery? Just curious.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #34
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

Good question I haven't checked that. The cart is currently at a shop right now, but i dont think the guy knows whats wrong with it either. I was gonna give him until sunday and then get it back to try on my own again. I will check the voltage at the battery when I get it back. Thank you everyone for your feedback. The input has been awesome, I just wish I knew what the heck was wrong with this thing.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #35
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I'm just thinking that for it to fall on it's face when a load is placed on it, may be an indication of a failing battery. Either put a jump box on it or replace it with a known good battery and see what you have.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #36
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

It ended up being a short circuited cell on the battery. I never rechecked the battery after I swapped the terminations on the solenoid. It works now but the only problem I have is that I have to manually operate the choke the whole time or else it just idles when the gas pedal is depressed. Any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #37
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Could be several things. Sounds like it may be starving for fuel. Is the butterfly opening all the way? If so, then thoroughly clean the carb and try again. Could you have crank seals that are leaking which would cause fuel delivery and performance issues? I would start by pulling the fuel line off the carb and put it into a coffee can. Hit the pedal and see if you have a good flow of fuel coming out of the line. If you do, then I would clean the carb well. If you don't then look to the fuel pump and further, the crank seals.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO