lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt upgrade

An Alltrax SPM48400 or larger. It depends on the motor.
For max motor performance, you need to allow it to draw all the amps it is capable of drawing. (A controller is an amp limiting device.)

Here is a selection guide for motors and controllers: http://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMot...0&webSales=yes
Answer the questions and it will give you some ideas of what to look for.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You started this thread with the right information to upgrade the cart to do what you want to do but now it looks like you are getting side tracked. For a series cart to climb hills requires 500a control & 400a solenoid. This allows the motor full access to the battery pack under load.
2g cable set and HD F&R in also needed to insure the amperage delivery system is reliably up to the task at hand.
48v operation (in addition to the parts listed above) will allow the motor to operate more efficiently and produce 33% more torque and speed = max stock motor output.
All of this will help reduce the unwanted slowing up hill but, you can't avoid it anymore than you can force a drill with a spade bit into a log and not slow the bit's rpm.
This is just the nature of the beast, remember the electric motor produces it's highest torque at it's lowest rpm. Some slowing is to be expected.
And remember - the bigger the tires are the more slowing you will experience.
I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #13
jericho
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

you can't avoid it anymore than you can force a drill with a spade bit into a log and not slow the bit's rpm.............tee shirt.
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
you can't avoid it anymore than you can force a drill with a spade bit into a log and not slow the bit's rpm.............tee shirt.
lol That's how a 2 hp electric motor feels pushing a 800 pound cart up hill
Old 03-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #15
jericho
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

lol you got that right brother
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #16
Shaunb914
Not Yet Wild

Ok, thanks for the help everyone. I went ahead and placed an order on your site scottyb. I ordered a 500 amp controller, the 2 gauge cable upgrade and a HD F&R switch along with a battery meter. I am planning on upgrading to 48 volts, but will this setup work for now on 36 volts until I'm able to purchase the new batteries?
Shaunb914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunb914 View Post
Ok, thanks for the help everyone. I went ahead and placed an order on your site scottyb. I ordered a 500 amp controller, the 2 gauge cable upgrade and a HD F&R switch along with a battery meter. I am planning on upgrading to 48 volts, but will this setup work for now on 36 volts until I'm able to purchase the new batteries?
Yes, you Ordered Pkg #485 which includes the 500a Alltrax SPM speed control and the 400a super duty solenoid kit. Both of these components , the 2g cables, and the HD F&R switch will all work on 36v now and 48v later on.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #18
dawson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Shaunb914. Please report back after your upgrades. i am planning on going this exact same route when the funds are available. Thanks!
dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #19
rb215
Not Yet Wild

500a Alltrax SPM speed control and the 400a super duty solenoid kit. Both of these components , the 2g cables, and the HD F&R switch on 36v 48v all parts from scottybs love this setup big thanks to scotty
rb215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Shaunb and dawson.....as you can see in my SIG.....what you just ordered from Scotty, is EXACTLY the set-up I got from him 2 years ago and have been running and ABSOLUTLY love it. and I too, plan on going to 48v when my pack expires. my only difference is that I got and installed a high speed motor. seeing as I was more wanting the speed, and I am on flat ground 99% of the time.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36 volt upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO