lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Missfire and arching

Make sure those yellow battery cables aren't chafing against anything. They are way long.

I see your oil injector line is still there. Is there oil in the tank?

How is the gas in Canada? Are they using ethanol? If so, not being run for such a long time will definitely mean the carb needs to be cleaned.

Yes, any cheap coil will work.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #22
Paulandrikopoulos
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Cart around. I drained the fuel and put new stuff in. As for the ethanol,,not too sure bud. This is really good news about the coil. I've been trying to find parts for HEI conversion but keep running into road blocks. One thread reads parts for a 77 chev Nova but the numbers in the pictures don't jive according to the parts guy. The Module in the thread reads CBE4Z but they tell me it should be CBE4P. I'm not too sure how much of a difference that makes or if modules, coils etc can be mixed matched but what I can tell you is the parts up here are not as affordable as yours, so I'm nervous about the investment until I'm reasonably sure.At the very least I'll put on a cheap round coil and new battery cables with the battery in the proper location and if I'm not getting zapped anymore, I'll carry on to carburetors etc to try and get it running right
Paulandrikopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
Paulandrikopoulos
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know what size spark plug this bad boy takes? 89 3PG
Old 05-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

NGK BP4HS, or BP5HS. I have heard that the Champions don't run as well as the NGK plugs, but cannot confirm that.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #25
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Hang on fixing links.

Amazon.com: ACCEL 35361 Ignition Control Module: Automotive Amazon.com: ACCEL 35361 Ignition Control Module: Automotive

Amazon.com: OEM 5195 Ignition Coil: Automotive Amazon.com: OEM 5195 Ignition Coil: Automotive

This is what I installed on my 87. My account says that I paid 8 dollars for the coil.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #26
Paulandrikopoulos
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Cart around. Will get parts tomorrow and post back. I'm hoping for good things.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #27
Paulandrikopoulos
Not Yet Wild

One last question. Do I need the capacitor with the coil?
Old 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #28
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The only capacitor I know of goes with a points type ignition.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #29
Paulandrikopoulos
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys
first off let me say thanks everyone for the help. I tried a new coil, just a regular round type and I had no spark. I rewired the old coil and replaced the spark plug wire with a regular car wire. I have the motor running now but it will only run with choke. I pulled the carb apart and blew it all out but no real difference. with choke on, it will run but cough and spit and no power. motor stalls on a real mild incline and just the starter is turning. sometimes by playing with the choke cable I can get it to fire again. does this sound like a carb problem or something bigger or both?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #30
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Blowing out the carb isn't good enough. Every orifice should be cleaned with a wire.

It's probably time to check the crankshaft seals too. Get it running, and spray some starting fluid where the crankshaft comes out of each end of the engine. (At the clutch and flywheel) If it speeds up, you have bad seals.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO