lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

Default diesal in a workhorse

I have a 1992 workhorse. I only use this cart once or twice a year so I'm constantly having to dump old gas and clean the carbs. The 295 in this cart started smoking about 2 years ago and now it won't run at all due to low compression. When I took the motor apart I found that the cylinders were egg shaped.
A friend of mine gave me a Carol Stream diesel engine 10 horsepower 18 foot pounds of torque. Using a diesel kind of intrigues me because the fuel shouldn't go bad for at least 12 months and there's no carburetors to clean. I know I have to put a new driven clutch on the motor but my question is the rpm range of operation. It has a full 18 foot pounds of torque at 1000 rpm but the max rpm is only 3600 will the factory set up on the clutches is still work?
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: diesal in a workhorse

Rpm is around 3600 to 4200 in these carts but I think you may lack sufficient hp
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Go ahead and put that engine in. I helped SlamminSam put a Yanmar 10hp diesel in his ezgo. The diesel's max rpm is pretty much exactly where the stock engine is set to run. The stock 295 in your ezgo doesn't even make 10hp stock so you're going up in HP and a lot more in torque.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Are you going to be able to lower the idle to the point that the drive clutch won't engage or put a stiffer spring in the clutch to keep it open until a bit higher rpm. How are you going to set it up to start?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #5
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

I haven't finished fabricating the front frame mounts for the rear suspension so that its leval. The lift blocks that were used to lift this cart in the rear did not address correcting for the proper angle. I believe ill have enough room to mock in the motor after this is complete. I'm not sure what the lowest rpm im going to be able to get out of the diesel but that is still a ways off while Im fabricating the rear suspension to get the most room i can for the least amount of lift. I was just trying to put some planning together to see what kind of drive line of the need to run it.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO