lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
mturner185
Not Yet Wild

Default Vanguard EZGO Replacement

We have an ST480 that just blew the motor. Does anyone know which Vanguard engines will work as a replacement? I understand the output shaft is tapered differently for the EZ GO, and was hoping to find a motor/clutch combo that would work. Thanks for your help.
mturner185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Vanguard EZGO Replacement

Welcome to BGW!
A quick look in the "Big Block" section will give you some ideas.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #3
mturner185
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I've been checking that out. Would you happen to know what the fitment issues would be with the 18hp Vanguard? Is it a direct replacement as long as I order the clutch? Would the the stock starter/generator work?

Sorry for more questions, this is our work cart and having it down this time of year is a real killer. Thanks for your help!
mturner185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturner185 View Post
Thanks, I've been checking that out. Would you happen to know what the fitment issues would be with the 18hp Vanguard? Is it a direct replacement as long as I order the clutch? Would the the stock starter/generator work?

Sorry for more questions, this is our work cart and having it down this time of year is a real killer. Thanks for your help!
From what I have dealt with, there is no such thing as a direct replacement unless you buy a kit from carts parts plus. About 2200 for motor and install kit. No getting around it. Otherwise you will need to make your own motor mounts, and buy parts to support it. You will also need to fabricate some sort of throttle linkages......wiring it up........it's extensive!

LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!!!! I say this cause I didn't listen when I attempted this.....and am still working on it.......SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY THE KIT!!!!!! OTHERWISE YOU'RE IN FOR A TON OF WORK AND RESEARCH!!!!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The S/G will work with a clone but not with a vanguard.Check vegascarts and CPP for engine swap kits.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny73 View Post
From what I have dealt with, there is no such thing as a direct replacement unless you buy a kit from carts parts plus. About 2200 for motor and install kit. No getting around it. Otherwise you will need to make your own motor mounts, and buy parts to support it. You will also need to fabricate some sort of throttle linkages......wiring it up........it's extensive!

LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!!!! I say this cause I didn't listen when I attempted this.....and am still working on it.......SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY THE KIT!!!!!! OTHERWISE YOU'RE IN FOR A TON OF WORK AND RESEARCH!!!!
Vinny, I'm not sensing the warm and fuzzy about your upgrade....
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO