lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motor spline bushing/spacer?

Started replacing my motor. The removal went smooth, I had all the batteries out, the rear seats and the access panel removed. I ratchet strapped the motor to a cross bar on the backrest support, and that supported the weight perfectly.

when I removed the motor, it did not have the spacer/bushing that's supposed to be in the inner diameter of the female spline, down at the bottom.

The motor I removed was not stock, so the PO either forgot to install it, or I somehow lost it. Anyways, is it necessary and what's the part number/where can I get one? I didn't see it on the parts list, either......

As always, thanks for the support.
kobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor spline bushing/spacer?

Never mind, found its,called a spline bumper......
Old 06-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

NOW......its been nearly 12 hrs since you installed your "RAPTOR".....so??? How are you liking it?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
NOW......its been nearly 12 hrs since you installed your "RAPTOR".....so??? How are you liking it?
HAHA, I haven't finished putting it in, yet. Going to pick up that Spline Bumper after work today. I jinxed myself yesterday when I said out loud "Wow, that went way too easy," referring to how smooth it went removing the motor.

Once I realized the bushing was missing, I decided to tackle the switch. Took me about 2hrs to remove the bolts that secure the switch base to the floor... The nuts were rusted so bad, there wasn't anything to grab onto, but just enough to prevent me from pulling/punching the bolt through. Ended up having to remove the switch assembly from the foot/base itself, so I could get at them with a grinder. Anyways, finally got them out, the new switch wired, and installed.

So I figured I'd move onto the controller. Snapped the heads off two bolts during that process. Finally recovered, and when I went to start installing/wiring up the solenoid to the controller, it came out of the box damaged..... The cap covering the contacts was cracked/broken. Thankfully ScottyB is awesome and is already sending me a replacement cap....

It was a day full of gremlins for me yesterday...Hopefully they are done with f'n me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO