lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #1
Novicoupe
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Txt runs great full out but bucks and burps at creeping around speeds.

Ok I have a question. I tightened the gov. up, it runs like a bat out of hell, now the problem, off idle it wants to burp a little, like it gonna spit back thru the carb, but once you get past that it`s runs great. About get whip lash when creeping around at very low speeds because it bucks back and forth so much. do I need to adjust the valves ? or is it too lean or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Novicoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Txt runs great full out but bucks and burps at creeping around speeds.

1st off welcome to bgw

2nd you should at least check your valve adjustment once a year (there are multiple posts on her on how to do it , use the search bar upper right and you should be ok.

3rd the bucking and jerking is because you have adjusted the governer too far you need to back it off until its drivable again or you risk destroying the engine in a very short order, and its no fun when it dont run.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Novicoupe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 Txt runs great full out but bucks and burps at creeping around speeds.

Ok. Thx. Yes I have already read the valve adj. procedure. I adj. Governor according to instructions on here. I nvr hits the rev. limiter when full out. I am talking when your creeping along. We we at a huge car show/auction and when we were creeping thru car corral is when it was really noticable with all the stop and go.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

either you have a worn belt causing it or your primary clutch is sticking and you may need to tear it apart and clean up the slide
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

You may have shortened the throttle linkage a little. Look to make sure that the carb throttle plate is full closed when the pedal micro switch clicks (key off). If it moves prior to the switch clicking, then its like starting your car with the gas pedal pushed down. Lengthen the throttle linkage a little and it will keep the throttle closed allowing the engine to start and run at low speed. As was stated above, the primary clutch sticking will cause a similar issue but, since you said you adjusted the gov, I would look there first.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #6
Novicoupe
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys. I will look at those things. Thx.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #7
Novicoupe
Not Yet Wild

Just to update in case this happens to someone else. Its fixed. The little nut on back side of throttle cable that holds it to bracket came off. So every time you hit the gas the whole cable moved. Put it back on and tightened it down. Cart runs great. Creeps along with slightest amount of throttle without the bucking and jerking. Thx for the replies and help guys. One more question. How loose should belt be?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO