lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #21
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 upgrades

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ght=g2+muffler

here is the link when I did mine, with some pictures that The New Guy Posted, It really is easy to do.
Like I said I didn't notice any big improvement in power but it ran smoother and seamed perkier, If you are going to add a free flowing air filter and enlarge the main jet, your exhaust will need to be able to get the added flow out smoothly.
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #22
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Plowman's claim a 1 hp gain with his exhaust system.And would guess that is probably true.I found the engine pulled quite a bit harder across the whole rpm range and particularly at the higher rpms.I would also note I rejetted and added the K&N air filter at the same time.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plk1222 View Post
Ok i wont worry about the exhaust then. Sho do you happen to know what size of jet you went up to?
If you get the jet out and don't tighten it hard, you can get it out without taking the carb out. I did this about 6 times, each time I filed the jet larger with a torch tip cleaner until it ran without missing and pulled nice. This was with the airbox silencer removed, the thing over the generator. The rest of it looked like it flowed more and didn't change anything when I removed other parts. Later I bought a jet drill set to do the clones with, but either will work.

The G14 muffler looks a lot like the aftermarket ones but does have the yami tiny tailpipe. Looks like it would fit right on a G2/9.

In the end if you want power, you need to consider a clone minimum. They are a huge difference and a twin is even more though they don't seem to rev that well stock. The ports in a G2/9 are tiny, a clone is over double the size.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #24
plk1222
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys. Already have a open air filter, noticed the other evening it ran a lot better with the choke. So i guess i need a bigger jet. Have a lot of jets for my 4wheeler thats why i was asking if anyone knew the size. A clone or v-twin would be nice but might as well buy a used side by side
plk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The jets in the atv are likely different. There are many different kinds of jets. You can remove the main and take it down to your local motorcycle shop and they might be able to match one up. Usually the size of the jet is engraved on the head of the jet. I was told the sizes are metric. So if you have a 120 jet, the size is 1.2 mm. If you have a 95 jet, it's a .95 mm. And so forth. However, I have found that to be true only on some jets. Do what Sho said and get a tiny torch tip file. Go easy, the jets are made of soft brass. Just do a little at a time and try it. Yes....it will take some time....
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #26
plk1222
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Slonomo ill have to try it
plk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its not bad I took the carb loose and got the jet out and filed on it 10 strokes or whatever, put it back together. Took a pass around the yard and nope still wanted some choke, reached in there and took the bowl off in the cart, took the not-real-tight jet out and filed it again, took another run around the yard. Took me 5 times or so. About the same with my clone when I put it in except I went up to the next larger file with that it was so lean. The stock engine I took the airbox parts out and it didn't need near as much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha